Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Administrator
22,422 Posts
It does make sense that a station may have one grade of E0 and if only one grade they make it premium. Out here in CA we don't have any way to get E0 easily. At least 90 minutes away.
Check the local Marina's. Expect to spend $$$. My local boating supply sells E0 Regular for $6+ per gallon. I do not buy it so not sure the current price. They sell E0 92 and E0 115 octane too.
I just add Stable treatment to my empty 5 gallon gas cans and top up with regular 85 octane. I fill the Burgmans tank, top off the generator and empty the rest in the wifes Buick then refill with regular with stable mixed in.

NEVER EVER store a Burgman 200 or 400 with an empty gas tank. You are asking for a tank full of RUST from the steel tank. The 650 has a Polyethylene tank.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I painted the exhaust shield black on my blue K7 and noticed a 5 mph improvement. Then I painted the gray CVT cover the same black and got another 5 mph. So everything you paint black will get you an extra 5 mph. This is real-world testing so I know it's true.

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
🤣 /\
This post covers a lot of ground!
Any Reported % H.P. gain from aftermarket exhausts is near Max. RPMs from the H.P. curve. We normally DON'T ride at max. RPMs.
A 5 lb. weight saving from a can is less than 1% of Burgie + you on board. You won't notice it.
I went through sets of cans with my 97 Shadow 1100. Cobra slash cuts- long shotguns- using sharpened rebar to poke holes in the OEM cans. All for naught. Each mod = 4 or 6 rejets just to get it to run. Finally bought a used set of stock muffs. Ahhhh quiet 🙂 once again.
But if you want to do it, that's OK with me.
People on MC forums often ask, "how can I get MORE POWER?"
Buy a different bike.

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
As far as gasoline, I'll use non-eth + a shot of Marvel Mystery oil if I won't be running Burgie for a while. Keep the tank full.
Otherwise, cheapo 87 runs just fine. NO DIFFERENCE in mpg over 8 yrs. of records.
I could probably put ditch water in the gas tank, it would still run 🙂

·
Registered
29 Posts
While I disagree with some of the reply's given about wanting a different exhaust system, I've found that the weight savings is most likely the biggest plus.Usually about 10-14lbs lighter than stock.As far as sound and looks that depends on the pipe.Try looking here (SUZUKI SKYWAVE400 (Burgman 400): Exhausts - Webike) I think you will find what you want.Personally I say do what you want,it's your bike. Be different,

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was not aware that premium gas did not have ethanol. Is this correct. My longtime understanding is that premium gas has the same ethanol as regular. (It may actually have more ethanol as ethanol raises octane).

Whoever the marketing genius that decided to name high octane gasoline "premium" should be appropriately punished. They have transferred millions from customers' pockets to the fuels companies for no reason...
The KwikTrip stations here in Wisconsin sell alcohol free premium fuel. I use it for that reason and as a bonus, the dispenser pump has a hose dedicated to the premium fuel...so one doesn't receive a hose full of another grade of fuel.

Don't know why this is such a touchy subject. I use what I prefer. Not telling anyone they have to do what I do.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The KwikTrip stations here in Wisconsin sell alcohol free premium fuel. I use it for that reason and as a bonus, the dispenser pump has a hose dedicated to the premium fuel...so one doesn't receive a hose full of another grade of fuel.

Don't know why this is such a touchy subject. I use what I prefer. Not telling anyone they have to do what I do.
I understand completely buying premium if it is the way to get alcohol free. No issues there.

For many of us premium just means higher octane, same ethanol. As such for most cars premium is just a scam in our area, happy if it is not that way for you.

·
Registered
887 Posts
For many of us premium just means higher octane, same ethanol. As such for most cars premium is just a scam in our area, happy if it is not that way for you.
I think the problem is the name: "Premium." There's nothing intrinsically better or premium about it. It is simply more knock-resistant than regular gas because it's more difficult to ignite. It's as though paint that prevents rust from spreading was called "premium" paint instead of anti-rust. You certainly wouldn't use "anti-rust" paint on any interior wall, but you might ignorantly use it if it were called "premum" paint because, well, it must be BETTER (not to mention more expensive.)

The fact that high-octane gas is more likely to be ethanol-free confuses the situation. In the best of all worlds, if I were going to park my bike all winter (which I don't), my fuel of choice might be ethanol-free 87 octane. But to get the ethanol-free fuel, I'd probably have to spring for the (useless) high octane level as well.

·
Premium Member
9,860 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi Guys, any advise to what aftermarket exhausts or cans are available for AN 400 (2021)

Thank you
I have the 400S. I'm looking for a different exhaust. Not neccesarily hp gain but sound. I didnt like the LV sound and Yoshi is way outta pocket. There are slip ons available on Amazon. I really do like the sound of the Huzar exhaust though.

·
Premium Member
9,860 Posts
Incidentally, I still have that '07 Exec stock exhaust system in my basement. If anyone wants it, come and get it -- Albany, NY, area -- and it's yours.
If anyone's reading through this thread, note that I now have a taker for my '07 exhaust system. Got contacted by a fellow who lives, part of the year. about 25 minutes away (and part of the year in FL), and whose wife has a triked '07 with a too-loud muffler.

The handoff is supposed to take place about a month from now. Hopefully, this will help forestall my wife's periodic query, "When are we going to call 1-800-GOT-JUNK?" (which we made extensive use of when we last moved).

21 - 33 of 33 Posts