Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, has anyone else been stupid like me and left there scoot with the key turned on and flatend there battery? hope not. problem now is after charging the battery she will not start, feels like it will chug along while the starter is pressed but will not run, any ideas gentlmen, have i maybe burnt out some delicate electronics, any advice will be appreciated. I haven't looked into it much yet , i had to leave it at a friends til' tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
If it cranks over fine I would start by checking the fuses under the seat (left side) and those in the fusebox to the left of the locking glovebox.

·
Administrator
18,389 Posts
Cranking over and having enough voltage for the ECM and fuel injectors is two different things. Do you have the use of a volt meter? If so, what is the voltage with the charger on @ 2 amps? Then 2 minuets after disconnecting the charger? And what are they while cranking? While cranking you will need about 12 Volts. A good battery will have 12.5 volts if charged. If the charger is pushing more than 15.5 volts into the battery then the battery is likely toast.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Dave_J said:
Cranking over and having enough voltage for the ECM and fuel injectors is two different things.
True but I can hear the difference, lol. You might still be good down to 10.5 volts for electronics and relays start kicking out around 8 volts. Definitely should see the voltage while cranking if you don't have a fine tuned ear.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
See if it will start using a jumper lead off your/neighbour's car battery.

·
Premium Member
14,235 Posts
Are you just trying to start it with the throttle closed. If so put it on the center stand and try starting it with the throttle held open. If that doesn't do it then start looking at the things mentioned above.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow lucky me, after getting the scoot home,courtesy of the CAA,good people ,same as AAA, putting it on the center stand i realised that it was hard to start -just about impossible- when i held the rear brake lever, but holding the front lever it would start but run rough and be very noisy in the transmission area,i assume it was holding itself locked in a high gear,fearing the worst i read up on the problems with the transmission ,big thanks here to Le dude and others for all the info they give us , and all of it free :thumbup: , however remembering something from long ago ,i disconnected the battery fully charged it and reconnected it turned the key on and off twice then fired her up and viola problem gone :cheers: ,were it went i do not know but i hope it stays gone, weather won't let me go too far yet , but will keep you posted.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts