Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have ridden over 1000 miles and my F1 light came on and it would shift out of the lowest gear. Got the trouble codes and ordered a new PPS. Three days ago the barrery was dead. I bought a new battery and this afternoon the new battery was dead. Any suggestions as to where to look for the short.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
oh my, you have a big parasitic draw.

underseat light staying on?

locking the steering and turning the key all the way to the 'parking' position turning on the parking lights?

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
First thing is to check the new battery is not a faulty one if does happen. Charge it up let it sit for an hour to settle check the voltage then leave it overnight and if the voltage drops more than 1/2 V it has issues. If all ok examine any wiring you recently disturbed. Check anything you may have connected direct to the battery heated grips etc.

·
Premium Member
9,987 Posts
Do you have a USB adapter plugged in somewhere?

Reactions: JRoss

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
What was your trouble code?

I'd suspect the new battery is bad first.. Any testing does require a good fully charged battery. I always start with electrical problem looking at any add on aftermarket items. I think the factory power outlet is ignition switched so nothing plugged in there with the key off should cause a problem.

I would look at the 4 main harness connections (2 single red wires in black connectors and 2 black wires in white connectors) to make sure nothing is melted. They are near/under the battery tray close to the starter relay/tool kit storage.

Draining a battery fast would require a large short and the only thing I could think of capable of doing that is the stator/rectifier regulator.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts