Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Burgman 400 with the original screen. I am planning on replacing it with one of the Givi screens, either the AF266 or the 266 DT. Your thoughts on which one is better would be appreciated. I live in south Georgia and use the Burgman as my main way to commute to work (about 16 miles round trip). I am experiencing all the problem with the original screen that are posted on other threads. It gets very hot in south Georgia in the summer with many days above 100 F. The winter is mild but riding the Burgman at 60 MPH when it is 30 F is still cold. I am about 6'1" tall and easily see over the current screen.

Thank you for your help and thoughts.

John

·
Registered
55 Posts
One of the things like like about my AF266 is when it's hot outside, I took off the upper air foil and let the wind hit me about shoulder height. The difference between the stock and the AF is the air off the stock screen buffets bad, it lets the air pocket collapse right on you. The AF is shaped such that the comes straight back, very clean and easy to deal with. Don't try it without a helmet that covers your face or its bugs in the teeth. It's better than riding a naked bike because the wind is above your chest and doesn't try to push you off the bike, you get enough air to cool, but it doesn't push against you like no windshield. I ride with a helmet that has a flip down clear face shield, it lets enough air in without getting hit by bugs and dirt. Used to ride with a flip up helmet and it was too hot in the summer and fogged up bad in the cooler weather. My helmet is an AFX-50 and its the best helmet I've used, especially on a scooter.

·
Registered
511 Posts
That depends on how much money you're willing to spend. If that's not a consideration I'd say the AF266 hands down!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts