Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm traveling to a weeding and im doing it in the burgy, and so far and folding the tuxedo by the half and putting it into the trunk.

does anybody else has any other suggestion?

thank you

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Don't fold it, roll it up, still on the hanger, from the bottom to the top with the collar sitting on the outside. It'll keep the tux from getting wrinkled. Keep the shoes in a separate bag and don't forget the little things like socks and cufflinks. Plenty of room in there for a tuxedo.

Congratulations to the happy couple!

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
+1 on rolling it up!

I have used that trick on many business trips and it works!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Rolling is the best solution. Also, if you have one, which you may not, get one of those portable steamers to get any wrinkles out that might occur. Definitely put your shoes in a bag of some sort, and roll the socks up inside of them.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Why not.........just wear the d a m n tux on the scooter to the "WEEDING".??

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Why not.........just wear the d a m n tux on the scooter to the "WEEDING".??
It's summer where Fernando lives; he needs to not reek of the road at the wedding! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thank you guys, I took your advice and rolled it up, it worked like a charm and didn't have to iron it up, yes i'm lazy. I shot a video of it when rolling it up and will post it online soon.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Sounds like you had a great time - love to see that video!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
here is the trip:

and here is the video how i stashed the tuxedo:

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Everyone gripes about the super-slab up here, but for my money it's the quickest way to get to the fun stuff. Glad you had a good time, Fernando!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Everyone gripes about the super-slab up here, but for my money it's the quickest way to get to the fun stuff. Glad you had a good time, Fernando!
thank you !

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Fernando, you write better English than most Americans and I'm assuming its a second language for you. So bravo, you have great language skills. And its only because of this that I know you would want a little correction for future reference...

A wedding is when two people get married. A weeding is what your gardener does to clean up the yard of unwanted plant life (ie weeds). You had it wrong a of couple times, so I fugured it wasn't just a typo.

hahaha lol, thanks for the tip, I will strive towards correcting my grammar! i'm just being sloppy sometimes. wedding! wedding! wedding! wedding! wedding!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
hahaha lol, thanks for the tip, I will strive towards correcting my grammar! i'm just being sloppy sometimes. wedding! wedding! wedding! wedding! wedding!
Boy you're quick.

I deleted my post. I didn't want to look like the English police in hindsight. But I meant what I said, you write very eloquently.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah no biggie! we live to learn and ride.

·
Registered
230 Posts
This is truly a gentleman's site were else on any bike forum would you get a question like how do you carry a suit on a bike.

Sorry forgot about the Goldwing site
but don't they come with a suit when you buy one???

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
This is truly a gentleman's site were else on any bike forum would you get a question like how do you carry a suit on a bike.

Sorry forgot about the Goldwing site
but don't they come with a suit when you buy one???
Interesting you said that comment. I have often referred to the Burgman as a "Gentleman's motorcycle". At a certain age, a gentleman is done with loud, fast, and obnoxiously decorated bikes and just wants something with a bit of refinement, style, class and comfort. Add in some storage so you're not riding around like backbacked homeless college student, practically, some performance and no shifting, and you get the Burgman; With space for a tuxedo and more readily at hand.

Yes, a Gentleman's motorcycle to be sure.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Obviously I have not reached that age (even though I am 53 years young).I still love my loud and fast, bikes (I have 3 Ducati's with conti pipes there loud )as for obnoxiously decorated bikes I leave that to the Goldwing owner to contend with :)

Truth be told I love my burgman because it calms my wild side and does every thing with ease

1 - 20 of 20 Posts