Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my supposedly brand new Givi Windshield today on my 2013 B650.

The Givi had two small Gouges in the ACRYLIC/PLASTIC one of which is 1/2" long. This is NOT a scratch as it penetrates the acrylic (top layer, probably 1/3 of the way into the shield).

Should Givi send me a new one? I purchased it from Kiwi Dave and I e-mailed him.

Attachments

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I purchased an Airflow 266 by Givi from KiwiDave last year for my Burg 400. That Windshield was higher quality AND DEFECT free.

This Givi had 2 defects but only one of which was significant enough for me to complain about. My STOCK screen has ZERO defects after 900 miles yet the NEW Givi is already gouged.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I would think if it came with the defects then KiwiDave would replace it but I certainly can't speak for him.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a small chip in the windshield just above the left sided side view mirror. Should i just suck it up and keep the windshield? Would you exchange if for a new one or get a $20 credit (assuming they offer me one) towards the Givi tank bank?

comments are appreciated.

·
Registered
347 Posts
It's a small chip in the windshield just above the left sided side view mirror. Should i just suck it up and keep the windshield? Would you exchange if for a new one or get a $20 credit (assuming they offer me one) towards the Givi tank bank?

comments are appreciated.
I dont think I see it but if it is that tiny thing that looks like a scratch, try buffing it out, might have to fill it first.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I bought one from Dave last year and when I got it I didn't bother to open it for a couple of months , when I finally got around to it ,it too had some scratches . I didn't say any thing because I figured I would get that BS about waiting to long to report it .
So bottom line I just kept it because the scratches weren't in my line of vision . Next time I'll open it the day I get it . To any one else who buys one from any where , I would suggest opening it up the day it arrives and giving it a through examination . That goes for any thing you order , give it a through examination on day one .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dont think I see it but if it is that tiny thing that looks like a scratch, try buffing it out, might have to fill it first.

What do I fill it with? It's more than scratch as I can feel/see the plastic has been penetrated into the windshield. It doesn't go all the way through but my guess it does go about 1/3 into the shield. Yes, it's small and NOT in my visual field. I'm posting about it because this was supposed to be a BRAND NEW windshield; yet it has more defects than my stock windshield with 900 miles on the odometer.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I can think of few fillers, wax , supper glue, I haven't tried this but, how about getting a rattle can of clear coat spray some into the cap and with a very small brush size 000, fill it in buff then wax. that wind screen in the acrylic world is quite soft. It has to be able to flex. Ya know, ask the guy you bought it from I am sure they run into this all the time. He should know how to mend it.

·
Registered
438 Posts
So, is KiwiDave a crook?

Assume KiwiDave is acting in good faith and shipped you a new, undamaged windshield. The moment you sign for delivery, you accept it was received in good order. UP TO THAT POINT you have a carrier claim, i.e. the carrier is liable for incidental damage incurred during shipping. Rather than KiwiDave, I suspect it is the carrier that is liable.

Always open parcels and inspect the contents before signing the delivery receipt. If there is damage, NOTE IT ON THE DELIVERY RECEIPT. Then you can get a replacement for the damaged item from the carrier, who logically is the culprit. Yeah, hindsight.

Otherwise, you are S.O.L.

Regards
Scott Fraser

·
Administrator
18,736 Posts
KiwiDave is just a sales vendor. You order from him, he types an order to have the item drop shipped from the manufacture. Dave does not touch the product, does not make them so he has NO quality control over the product. He can facilitate a warranty replacement I bet if you give him time. My dealings with Dave have been excellent.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
KiwiDave is just a sales vendor. You order from him, he types an order to have the item drop shipped from the manufacture. Dave does not touch the product, does not make them so he has NO quality control over the product. He can facilitate a warranty replacement I bet if you give him time. My dealings with Dave have been excellent.
KiwiDave is an honest reseller of Givi items. The Givi windshield came in an undamaged boxed wrapped up quite well. There was ZERO DAMAGE to the box (visible damage). The Bubble wrap encased the entire windshield and I was surprised to see the gouge after installation; it may have occurred when Givi shipped the item from Italy to North Carolina.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
KiwiDave is an honest reseller of Givi items. The Givi windshield came in an undamaged boxed wrapped up quite well. There was ZERO DAMAGE to the box (visible damage). The Bubble wrap encased the entire windshield and I was surprised to see the gouge after installation; it may have occurred when Givi shipped the item from Italy to North Carolina.
I have had lightly scratched GIVI WSs in the past. If you return it, you may get another one with a flaw. If it is not in your line of vision, keep it.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have had lightly scratched GIVI WSs in the past. If you return it, you may get another one with a flaw. If it is not in your line of vision, keep it.
KiwiDave had ANOTHER one shipped to my home already. I will keep the better of the two of them. I highly recommend Kiwidave as he offers the best price and the best service; I will buy from him again.

·
Administrator
18,736 Posts
kiwidave is just a sales vendor. You order from him, he types an order to have the item drop shipped from the manufacture. Dave does not touch the product, does not make them so he has no quality control over the product. he can facilitate a warranty replacement i bet if you give him time. my dealings with dave have been excellent.
kiwidave had another one shipped to my home already. i will keep the better of the two of them. I highly recommend kiwidave as he offers the best price and the best service; i will buy from him again.
Hummmm. :D

·
Registered
770 Posts
Wow. Spend that kind of money and you have a decent chance that it arrives damaged? And people accept this? SERIOUSLY?!?!

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow. Spend that kind of money and you have a decent chance that it arrives damaged? And people accept this? SERIOUSLY?!?!
My replacement Givi Windshield arrived this week. It too had light scratches over the left sided mirror. There were more scratches on the "new" Givi replacement windshield than the one I originally received and posted about.

I decided to keep the replacement windshield since it didn't have the small gouge but instead had 6-8 light scratches (large ones).

My advice is be prepared for small scratches and defects in any Givi Windshield you order and don't both requesting a replacement unless the defects are in your line of vision.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I agree with you and that is exactly what happened in my case. Replacement Givi had many light scratches vs one small gouge on the original Givi. This was a total waste of time in requesting another Windshield.

Overall, I should have just kept the original Givi Windshield.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Three years ago the first two Givi windscreens I received had unacceptable flaws, after that I decided I would live with the the flaws on the third one...

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I guess I've been lucky because I've bought two and one that came on a scooter I bought used and all three of them have been flawless. :dontknow:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts