Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

New to this forum and I hope there are users here who have good technical knowlegde of the burgman 650.

I have a 2003 model which I completely disassembled a 9 months ago to do some "customization".

Now the bike is almost back together, but I have one sensor (with a vacuum connection) that I don't know where to connect it to.
As far as I can see, there are 2 sensors that require vacuum: one sensor that is screwed to the airbox on the right (green circle in the pic), and this other sensor with part number 100798 720 (red circle in the pic). Google tells me that this part shoud be the MAP sensor. And as far as I can see, I find only one vacuum hose (that I connected to the sensor on the airbox)

This sensor is originally located somewhere behind the E-brake lever, in the same wiring cluster with 3 other relays.
you can see it on the pictures.

Is there anyone that knows to which line I should connect this? Maybe I removed something that I don't remember?

Note: the bike starts fine without this sensor connected to anything. I haven't driven it yet because the wheels are not on.

I hope the pictures make it somewhat clearer.

All tips and help is much appreciated!

greetings

·
Administrator
18,201 Posts
Welcome to the forums donbrodka. You are near my favorite Belgium Beer city, Leuven, Belgium, home of Stella Artois. ;)

I think there was just a foam filter over that. I think that is the temperature sensor. My 2008 has that too without a hose. My foam filter fell off too.

20200609_131053.jpg

Reactions: maccecht

·
Registered
713 Posts
Agree with Dave J temp sensor should be a little flat metal clip on the side of the plenum box (the one on the throttle bodies) and the rubber sleeve clips onto it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, that explains a lot! I guess I will cover it with some sort of foam to keep dirt from getting in that hole and thats it.
When the bike is ready I will post some pictures.

Its crazy you know Stella in the States:cool:

Greets

·
Administrator
18,201 Posts
....................... Its crazy you know Stella in the States:cool:

Greets
The Stella we get here is not the same as there. :( It is still made in Leuven, Belgium. It is imported here by Anheuser-Busch and is pasturized due to US laws and shipping time. I get it at Costco.
Mais, 9 ans, j'ai vécu en Allemagne et j'adore Pilseners.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Thanks, guys, that explains a lot! I guess I will cover it with some sort of foam to keep dirt from getting in that hole and thats it.
When the bike is ready I will post some pictures.

It's crazy you know Stella in the States:cool:

Greets
We know many Stella's in the states but I also know one in England she is Stella McCartney.:geek:. Jokes aside, Stella Artois is very much available here. I am originally from South Africa and Stella Artois is also available there.
Stella Artois
• Parent company: Anheuser-Busch InBev
• Barrels shipped in 2017: 2.7 million
• Change from 2016: 10.9 percent
• Market share: 1.3 percent
Stella Artois is one of the oldest beers available in America, as its roots stretch back about three centuries to Leuven, Belgium. Just recently, it has become one of the fastest-growing beers in the U.S. Its shipments have grown by more than 10 percent from 2016 to 2017, one of the biggest growths of any major beer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha i learn a lot here, about burgmans and belgian beer :)
I did not know stella was so internationally spread.
However, the family behind inbev is one of the richest in belgium so i guess that money must come from somewhere;)

·
Administrator
18,201 Posts
Anheuser-Busch does not own Inbev. :cool:
Inbev owns Anheuser-Busch.

Maybe, some day Budweiser beer :poop: may be good again. It is nothing like the original Czech Republic "Bohemian-style" lager. Rice is great with Teriyaki but not in beer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts