Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Burgman feels like the rear suspension is solid, it's granite-stiff and borders on painful. I want to soften it a bit, but wonder: can this be done on the centre stand, or do I need some sort of lift?

·
Registered
52 Posts
You just need a robust hand grip. Turning it ... clockwise, if I remind correctly, which come easier for the spring to extend helping you, until you see the "1" facing you back of the scooter. 1 is the most soft position, 5 the hardtest. I made it myself and it was nothing impossible to move. It can be done while the scooter is on the center stand with no problems.

·
Registered
765 Posts
650 or 400?

650 has standard MC shock setup. 1 is softest - 5 is hardest/firmest.

What is your tire pressure?

The 400 has a the mono-shock or uni-shock? it adjust differently on the pre-'07 models than the post '07 models .... but both are mono/uni shock.

YES, they can each be adjusted from the center stand. No lift required.

Google or YouTube .... and maybe download a inexpensive manual for future reference.

Sirkitrider

·
Registered
765 Posts
My Burgman feels like the rear suspension is solid, it's granite-stiff and borders on painful. I want to soften it a bit, but wonder: can this be done on the centre stand, or do I need some sort of lift?
update:

Jarlaxle, see this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=p2YtpxBg0rI

BTW, get familiar with all this guys videos on '07 and up 400's.

And, check your rear tire pressure. Many on here recommend running higher pressures than the manual recommends. While it does increase your tire wear miles and is helpful if riding two up ... but the higher tire pressure on rear kills my back. YMMV

Sirkitrider

1 - 4 of 4 Posts