Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw this on StromTrooper.com. The lip is adjustable and can be adjusted while moving. Could solve some of Burgman problems if they were available for our bikes.
It's the MRA VarioTouring Screen and is made in Germany. Sells for about $150. Any of our European buddies know anything about these screens?
http://www.amotostuff.com/Merchant2/mer ... _body_wind - scroll down to 4th item.
Don

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
...can be manually set to seven positions in terms of angle and height.
But doesn't say it can be adjusted while moving.

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's a quote from the owner of the store that handles the shield that he wrote in the V-Strom Forum :

Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:41 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"After riding with the stock windscreen on my DL650, I knew it needed some help. I had used the Laminar Lip in the past on other bikes. I saw the MRA VarioTouring Screen was avaialable from our distributor and it was a similar concept to the Laminar but was adjustable. So, I ordered one in to test it out before offering them up for sale. I was very impressed with the way it smooths out the airflow. It's also nice to be able to adjust it while you are riding. Another quality German product.

They are now for sale in our online store."

Don

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
It looks like it could be used, but might need some custom tweaks. The V-Strom windshield looks pretty flat/straight, so the mounting brackets are flat. The top of the Burgman windshields are a little concave with the slight up-sweep at the tip, so you might have to make a curved wedge out of rubber or something to match the surface of the screen. You'd have to be careful to keep the 2 brackets parallel, because if the're not, they'll bind and won't be as adjustable.

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm hoping that some of the guys in Europe might be familiar with the manufacturer and see if the screen might be available (or being considered) for the Burgmans. I wouldn't try to modify my screen - too expensive to screw up. :D

Don

1 - 5 of 5 Posts