Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been wanting to put a taller backrest on since I got the bike. But, I know how much harder it becomes for the passanger to get on/off or be comfortable. Anyone have any suggestions on what to do? Oh, and I'm trying to use the stock pad or something that sticks up from it. I really don't like the look of the headrest ones.

·
Premium Member
14,279 Posts
There are a couple of companies that make adapters that will let you relocate your butt stop higher. Or you can do like I did and make your own adapter. You can look in my gallery and see how I did it. Click on this link then look at the pictures BR1 through BR10. http://burgmanusa.com/gallery/Buffalo/Little+Blue/

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I reviewed the one from burgmanseats.com (Cary) see here:

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
By adjustable, I mean one that can go up into the extended position, but come back down into stock placement for getting the passenger on. I have only seen the utopia one that sorta does that, but you have to destroy the stock pad to use it.

·
Premium Member
14,279 Posts
I don't know of any that go up and down like that. If you were to make your own you could probably put a hinge in it so that it could fold over forward to allow the passenger to board then fold back up. I can think of a couple of ways that could be accomplished.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So, I'm thinking of a scissor lift type of movement. What do you think? Any other way I could get it to go up and down? The main reasons are for when the passenger is getting on, and when I go to put my cool-ass cover on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts