Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Though it won't actually adjust the brakes, you can adjust the travel of the brake lever with that little numbered chrome disc on top of the lever. If you push the lever forward (rather than pulling it back as you do when you hit the brake) you can easily turn that disc and get more or less lever travel.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Though it won't actually adjust the brakes, you can adjust the travel of the brake lever with that little numbered chrome disc on top of the lever. If you push the lever forward (rather than pulling it back as you do when you hit the brake) you can easily turn that disc and get more or less lever travel.
That's on the 650. The 400 has no adjustment I'm aware of.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I am lost, do not see any numbered chrome disc. Mine is 2007
Do you have the 650 or 400?

The 400 has no adjustment.

The 650 has a small chrome disk on each lever, with numbers 1-5 around the top. You push the lever forward, and you can dial the disk to your desired, numbered setting. I think 1 brings the leaver closest to the grips and 5 is the furthest, but don't quote me on that, could be the other way around.

View attachment 18729

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
is it possible to buy the lever of the 650 with adjustment and install it on the 400?

I'm too looking for a way of reduce the "play" of both brake levers, there is nothing about this on the service manual, it talks about just brake pads replacements.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
anyone?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
The lever is pretty different. It doesn't look as if the originals would fit.

400 brake lever

650 brake lever

That said, you might want to scrounge around for used or aftermarket levers which would at least be a cheap way to see if something could be rigged to work. There are plenty of levers out there with those adjustment discs.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
I Wish that this was not the case The 400 has no adjustment,
I,v been having Problems with the Rear Breaks on my 07 400
after Pressing the break it kind of Drags the Disc, I have not found a Solution as of Yet ,Im gonna Remove it and see what's Causing it, It's been Slowing down my Performance eating up Gas. I wish there was an adjustment...

Anybody Else had this Problem Please Post it? Thank you.

Elliott,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts