Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All this clutch talk has me second guessing every possible clutch replacement I haven't heard any comparisons between the Adige Clutch and the OEM; just the OEM vs the HIT clutch. Anyone know the difference? Also, I tried to find an Adige clutch online, but was unsuccessful. For anyone who has purchased one for an '07 400, could you please let me know the part number for the Adige clutch? Much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Adige does not make a clutch for the '07+ 400s. Some of their older catalogs listed the SU-84 as being suitable for the later models:

However it is not. The pre-'07 clutch bell has a 150 mm ID, the '07+ is 160 mm.

The OD of the SU-84 is 147 mm; it will not work in the '07+ clutch unless you install the pre-'07 clutch bell as well (I believe the hub thickness and splines are the same, though I have never done it).

I have been very pleased with the SU-84 clutch, in fact so much so that I bought another that was on sale sot have on the shelf--however the pre-'07 bell is $160+ so it would not be an inexpensive swap...

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
What has been the differences with your clutch swap? I've been thinking of a new clutch myself and have never heard of this one

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
What has been the differences with your clutch swap? I've been thinking of a new clutch myself and have never heard of this one
Night and day, literally.

There is no shuddering at low speeds, very smooth lockup, and it looks as though it will last at least 60k miles...

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Is this the only clutch to replace for the pre 07 400? I know this is in the wrong section, but I'd like to know what options there are and what would really be the best.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Isn't there a Malossi clutch? For both the 2003-2006 and the 2007>?

I had some Malossi parts for my Zuma and they are top notch quality.

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Called them. Said they just havnt updated their site. They don't have even one and have no idea when they'll get one.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
The Adige SU-84 may no longer be avaiable in the US, back in early 2012 whn I bought my first one they were not widely avaiable, I bought the second (to add to my spares) 3 months later as a closeout item,

A quick Google search jut now turnd up nothing but expired listings. In 20134, in the US, DIY parts for the '03 to '06 Burgmans compromise a very small market segment, it does not surprise me that the SU-84 is not a commonly available part...

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
The company itself is in the UK, part of the wemoto group. The parts are most likely sourced from Asia. This might be great companies in Taiwan or poor ones in mainland China. It may also be a mix with some parts from one place and others from another. I have never used their parts so I can say for sure.

http://www.vicma.co.uk/

racingplanet has a good rep but some parts may be drop shipped from Europe and may take a couple of weeks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts