Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all.
Recently posted my intro of my pristine 2003 Burgman 650.
The only complaint I have right now is there is no Power Outlet or adapter to plug my phone in.

Anyone recommend a certain kit for this?
As well , anyone ever install a sound system to their burgies?

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Hey all.
The only complaint I have right now is there is no Power Outlet or adapter to plug my phone in.

I have One Installed!! Keep my Pull Out in the right side Glove box On My B400, Connected to the CIG Power Outlet Port, You will have to connect a Double Port Module ,So you can plug in Other Devices, I have 3

With the Power Outlet ,The Power won't come on unless a Ignition Key is inserted!
ON/OFF
now for a phone you will need to Connect it Direct CIG Power Outlet to Battery/ALWAYS ON

Elliott,

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hey all.

Not sure if you know or realise that there is a power outlet on your Burgy650. Down in the main dash compartment. Open the compartment door and inside hard up against the LHS there is a 'cigarette/accessory plug power outlet'. The issue with the plug position in the AN650K3-L2 is that the plug is pretty close to the door so anything connected into the plug has the potential to be damaged or otherwise interfere with the door closure if the male plug is too long/tall. This has been rectified on the newer AN650L3+ as the plug has been relocated with a deeper location on the RHS of the compartment.

There are a plethora of plug adaptors or extension plugs with pigtails and the like that have a much shorter male plug than the usual standard length of male plugs that fit into the cigarette lighter. Depending on the auto accessory shops/outlets around you, I'd suggest either a Walmart, searching eBay, or an auto accessory shop that contains a lot of Asian manufactured or sourced products as there are a plethora of options that I can find here in Asia, yet had a harder time finding in NZ on my last trip back. The irony of the products made in China primarily available in NZ at the big auto-stores is that the quality is way better and the range more significant in certain products, meanwhile here in China the range within a specific product range is much broader and the prices are less while the quality is often way more variable.

There are a multitude of choices when it comes to the different plugs and applications, multi-plugs, combination plugs and extensions available. One brand that comes to mind with such an assortment of plugs is 'OZIO' if you are looking to start somewhere on a search... say on on eBay.
:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts