Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I went to the cycle shop to buy a new helmet. After 30 min of trying it on taking it off till my ears hurt, I finally bought it . Today I have no buyers remorse, and that's good. On my way out I spy'd the batman bike, the NM4.

I tracked down my favorite sales rep to go over the features. I sat on it, static tested the suspension and thought, if only the burg... , raised and lowerd the back rest , man that seat is comfortable, reminds me of my 86 FXR low rider. The bike fit me. I 'm 6', much taller and I don't know if it would be comfortable.The thing has Noooooo storage. I am addicted to my burgman storage. I didn't realize how much I depend on the under seat storage for everything, grocery runs to buying clothes at the mall. I don't have to put on the top box. This is a feature I must have. Un less your helmet is a base ball cap there is no helmet storage like the spec's say.

I fired it up and rev'd it a few time and the rep asked," Want to take it out"? I almost handed him my driver's license and insurance card, but said NO THANKS, I might like it. To me it is pure toy, I have no reason buy it. Now if I were a man of means.............

·
Registered
408 Posts
I had the exact same reaction when I went and looked at the NM4. It is a very cool looking bike and sat comfortably but there was no place for storage. What's worse, I couldn't figure a way to add any. Shucks, I guess I'll just have to keep riding my Burgman.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I've often thought and said that most motorcyclist riding the ever-popular sport bike dejour or small Harley, look like homeless college students. Always with the **** backpack.

I'm not homeless and I haven't set foot in a college for decades. Give me some storage!

I think the Burgman as a Gentleman's bike. Free of the ego, exuberance and need for ultimate performance of our youth, we prefer comfort, practicality, refinement and the ability to bring home dinner, both figuratively and literally, for the family; a well deserved luxury from a lifetime of good works.

Yup, keep the Batcycle, I'll stick to my Burgmans.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Heh, know the feeling. After swapping bikes based on increasing performance, I tend to look at possible new bikes like this:

Can I move my feet around and sit as I please? What sort of trunk does it feature? Neither options you say? Well then, good day SIR!

Even other scooters suffer in comparison. The T-Max 530 looks appealing and the specs entice further, for instance. The underseat only holds ONE full face helmet? Good day SIR!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
:p:p:D:D lol. Good day SIR! Indeed!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've often thought and said that most motorcyclist riding the ever-popular sport bike dejour or small Harley, look like homeless college students. Always with the **** backpack.

I'm not homeless and I haven't set foot in a college for decades. Give me some storage!

I think the Burgman as a Gentleman's bike. Free of the ego, exuberance and need for ultimate performance of our youth, we prefer comfort, practicality, refinement and the ability to bring home dinner, both figuratively and literally, for the family; a well deserved luxury from a lifetime of good works.

Yup, keep the Batcycle, I'll stick to my Burgmans.
Well said! I thought my immaturity was in remission but there are occasions when it will flare up. It's nice to have a good support group:)

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I know I love the storage space on mine. I thought the storage on my Zuma was nice but the Burg has a cavern under the seat! The only complaint I have is that my helmet has to be in just right or it hits on the bottom of the seat but no biggy.

·
Registered
145 Posts
The NM4 may be the ugliest motorcycle ever made. I would improve its looks, and storage, by leaving it in the packing crate.

IMHO

Blakers

·
Registered
352 Posts
I haven't owned a motorcycle in decades, so I was comparing a variety of 2-wheelers. The Yamaha Majesty, Burgman, Honda NC700 and a Honda Shadow (just because I've always liked the look of them). The NC700 does have a good storage area where the gas tank should be, but for both Hondas I would need to buy bags and a windshield in addition to the cost of the bike. Also, my legs would be completely unprotected from wind, etc.
Obviously, I ended up with the 'Burg. :D

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
There is storage both up front and via factory luggage.

But it ain't a Burgman.

I do miss the underseat and front storage with the Wee but tank bag has some compensating virtues and I use the same top case.

The biggest issue with the Vultus is the teeny weeny fuel tank

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
On another forum I was reading a conversation from Tmax riders and what they were adding

Extra padding for the uncomfortable seat
Bigger screen
More storage

If we leave them alone long enough they will have built themselves a Burgman 400 each :)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Honda NM4

There is storage both up front and via factory luggage.

This photograph is deceptive. That is a round melon. There is room in the shallow compartment for a half shell helmet but that is about it. It will not take a full bag of groceries. "

Several years ago Suzuki featured a similar comic book bike. Honda should be praised for going ahead with its production. The NM4 has several clever features such as the rider backrest that doubles as a passenger seat. However, there have been too many functional compromises.

Review

...the NM4 offers no more capacity than Batman's utility belt.

MSRP $11,000

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I am sorry but the NM4 is UGLY!

I wish we would have gotten the Integra scooter instead. Not only does it look better but it has a better name too.

Seen here with top and side boxes. Plenty of storage and very sporty to boot. Although the factory side boxes look very narrow! - perhaps they expand out when needed?

·
Registered
252 Posts
I am sorry but the NM4 is UGLY!

I wish we would have gotten the Integra scooter instead. Not only does it look better but it has a better name too.

Seen here with top and side boxes. Plenty of storage and very sporty to boot. Although the factory side boxes look very narrow! - perhaps they expand out when needed?
I heard of that and was wondering if there were any plans to sell it in the US. Had some very good reviews on it.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Now THAT I would consider! The Integra is a beautiful bike.

I don't need a ride that harkens my 6 YO youth, running around with a towel tied around my neck pretending to be batman. Although, I wouldn't mind a Batcave...

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Unless Honda changes their plans it isn't coming to the USA. It is one of a several bikes that use the same engine and other parts, the NC 700 and CTX 700 models. The NC 700s are motorcycles except for the NC 700S which is the Integra scooter. The CTX 700s are cruiser styled bikes. Here in the USA we get the cruisers of coarse!!! We only get one of the NC 700 models, the NC 700X adventure bike. Canada gets the adventure and the naked version, the NC 700S. However for some reason in Canada the displacement is bumped up to 750cc{Europe also}.

NC 700X

NC 700S

NC 700D Integra

CTX 700N

CTX 700

A co-worker has a CTX 700N and it is nice but I don't care for the forward foot controls. I personally prefer standard foot pegs or a scooter deck. Also the fuel tank is moved to the front on the CTX bikes which eliminates the wonderful front storage compartment of the NC bikes.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts