Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

You all have excellent taste! I have been riding on and off for the past 10 years and have never found a bike to be as versitile and comfortable as my new 650. I ride to work everyday and play on the weekends. On the crazy streets and freeways of Los Angeles, I have never felt more secure. Thanks for your very informative posts on the site.

·
Registered
30,278 Posts
Welcome to the BurgmanUSA forums. It's always great to have new forum members. Enjoy your new ride and we are looking forward to your input on the forum.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Roadie! :hello2:

On the 28th I start a ride from the Canadian border to the Mexican border. If you see a silver 650 with Washington plates looking lost in LA it's probably me. 8)

·
Registered
793 Posts
Roadie said:
...On the crazy streets and freeways of Los Angeles, I have never felt more secure...
Isn't the Secure part essentially your
skills?
How does the AN650 make you feel more secure?

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
ajwood said:
Roadie said:
...On the crazy streets and freeways of Los Angeles, I have never felt more secure...
Isn't the Secure part essentially your skills? How does the AN650 make you feel more secure?
You're kidding, right?

No matter how skilled I was at riding a unicycle, I wouldn't feel secure on the LA freeways.

Even if I was not highly skilled, I'd feel pretty secure in an armored car.

Stretching an analogy, perhaps, but that explains how I feel anyway.

·
Registered
51 Posts
And here I thought I was the only Burgman in Los Angeles. I've had my 400 for about 5-6 months now and have yet to see another one on the road out here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CINCNORAD said:
And here I thought I was the only Burgman in Los Angeles. I've had my 400 for about 5-6 months now and have yet to see another one on the road out here.
I haven't seen many either. Good to know you're out there.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
CINCNORAD said:
My dealer sold three silver and one blue 650 the week I bought mine, and I'm sure other dealers in the area have sold some, but I have yet to see another Burgman, 650 or 400, on the road.

Compared to Gold Wings and the various flavors of Harleys we're still a pretty isolated minority.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Welcome Roadie! I just returned from LA--there on business. The 650 looks like JUST the thing for all that 405 stand-still traffic!

Bill: You may need to shave your 650's seat down if you want to be able to flat-paw it. :wink:

Cheers,
Bryna

·
Registered
30,278 Posts
Invincsum said:
Bill: You may need to shave your 650's seat down if you want to be able to flat-paw it. :wink:
Bryna,

Thanks for the suggestion. :lol: By the way, that's a 400 not a 650.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
billmeek said:
...By the way, that's a 400 not a 650.
Looks like someone stole the mirrors. :?

·
Registered
30,278 Posts
Brian said:
Looks like someone stole the mirrors. :?
Had to remove the right mirror. Didn't want it ending up in the middle of the 'models' face.

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
Brian,

I don't know your route, I'm half way between Dallas TX and Shreveport LA. in Tyler TX. but if you happen by let me know, we'll get lunch on me. But you would have to be really lost to end up in Tyler.

Happy Trails
Poppy, # 482

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
Billmeeks,

I like your new Avatar. Looks great

Happy Trails
Poppy, #482

·
Registered
822 Posts
CINCNORAD said:
Los Angeles is a HUGE stomping ground. I've had my 650 out every day since I had it (2 months now). I'm pretty much west of the 405 fwy and north of the 101 fwy. Where is everyone else at?

If you know where its at, I'm going to make a run down to Neptunes' Net Sunday afternoon. Its a huge biker hangout but more importantly they have the best fish & seafood in town! Its on PCH near Old County Line. See ya there?

- Chuck

·
Registered
30,278 Posts
Thanks

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Poppy said:
Brian,

I don't know your route, I'm half way between Dallas TX and Shreveport LA. in Tyler TX. but if you happen by let me know, we'll get lunch on me. But you would have to be really lost to end up in Tyler.
Hello Poppy,

I'd have to be REALLY lost to end up in Tyler.

In my case "Lost in LA" meant Los Angeles, not Louisiana.

But thanks for the invite.

BTW, my route will be I-5 from Blaine, Washington on the afternoon of August 28th to San Diego, California whenever I get there.

Return trip will possibly be on the Pacific Coast Highway (US-101) if time allows.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Invincsum said:
Bryna,

Thanks for the suggestion. :lol: By the way, that's a 400 not a 650.
Oh, then that's what I look like on it, too! :lol:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm right near the Van Nuys Off ramp and the 101. We're almost related!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts