Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) Ipod cradle with speakers built into the two small front compartment covers.

2) Cupholder - I mean, where the heck do I put my Starbucks??

3) Remote trunk release

4) Upgraded horn (anyone have a FIAMM part #?)

5) Yoshimura carbon tri-oval (first I have to convince them to make one!)

6) Neon?

Anything other ideas?

·
Registered
85 Posts
How bout something usefull ...or safe

I guess you need the horn to warn prople that your to busy to drive! Holding your Starbucks in one hand ...talking on your cell... with the I-pod playing away.... You need four wheels !

·
Registered
276 Posts
Wow, thats telling it like it is, but I agree with you Bob, with a wish list that this, four wheels is the answer. I am curious though, Buymenow00, what is a Yoshimura carbon tri-oval?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Accessory-mania

ipod:

I would like to have some music to go along with riding, but I would prefer the sound to be on my bike, not inside my helmet with earbuds. Yeah, I know it won't sound as good, but it would be good enough just to have a beat to ride to.

cupholder:

I use my Burger mostly as an errand runner, and that includes going to Starbucks to pick up a coffee...only thing is, there's no place to put it! For longer rides it would be nice to have a bottle of water handy though. Camelbak would be a bit extreme for a scoot IMO...

Yoshimura carbon tri-oval:

That's the exhaust I had on my SV650, sounded great and was so much lighter than stock! The Burger sounds like a riding mower to me in comparison...needs more bass, probably weighs a lot too. Yoshimura supplies the Suzuki moto racing team, so they have a pretty close relationship...

I see nobody had any problems with my suggestion for a remote trunk release. Again, running errands, I may have hands full when getting back to the bike...be nice to just hit a button on the keyfob or something to pop the seat. Should be easy enough to rig up...anyone have any ideas on how to do this?

·
Registered
85 Posts
want list

OK.. sorry for misunderstanding you. Those make good sense. I can't say much negs about gagets...I've got a GPS mounted right between my handle bars. There's not a lot of good places to mount speakers on the Burger. But lots of owners have stereo setups. Check the postings for more info.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Carbon Fiber Graphics

We do custom cut vinyl graphics as well as full color printed vinyl. They make a carbon vinyl that can be cut to about any shape or you can just by a piece and do it yourself. I am in the process of covering the hump and foot rest area with carbon to keep it from getting all bang and scratched up, I'll post some pics when it is done. http://www.digigraphicsusa.com

·
Registered
79 Posts
Rob, what kind of GPS do you have, and how did you mount it? I'm trying to figure out how to mount my Sporttrack.

Kenny

·
Registered
85 Posts
GPS

I have the Magellan Meridian... and the low swivle / tilt mount made by Magellan for a car. The 12 v power cord clips to the mount ...for easy on -easy off . There is a photo posted in the Yahoo group Suzuki Burgman. Or I can send you one if you like... I wish we could post photos here in this group.

·
Registered
793 Posts
buymenow00,

To remote the seat trunk, I would begin by removing the trunk release cable from the keylock linkage.

Make a mounting plate in which a 12volt solenoid would mount. The solenoid would pull a leveraged pivot arm so that the short cable travel requirement would have plenty of torque to make for trouble free releases in all weather. The solenoid plunger would attach to the pivot arm through a spring pin or nicely done rivet through a 'C' channel on the top of the plunger. This arrangement gives the plunger top some angled movement as the pivot arm swings around to pull the cable on the other side of this miniature fulcrum.
The solenoid actuated cable would pull alot of current through the electrical system, so I would make its own bus from the battery output leads or another common bus with its own fuse on the plus side. I don't recommend using chassis ground for the solenoid actuator, as ground loops (with age) could effect the ECM and CVT and all the other black boxes that run a Burgman.
I would put a [email protected] 100volt electrolytic capacitor across the solenoid leads so that the surge current would be localized near the solenoid and not the Burgman's module busses. A .1uf disc at the 12volt source will help to keep commutation noise away from the other busses too.

To signal the actuator, quite a few creative devices including wireless keychains would give the system a Cool Factor but a hidden button mounted under somewhere will save design time.
The pulse width (of 12volts) that pulls the solenoid should be predetermined in order to keep the solenoid cool and the electrical system always charged. Having the capacitors always charged for two good throws of the latch will help if the battery dies and we want to get our stuff out below. Another idea would be to have the pivot actuator accessible in emergencies for manual releases with a hand movement on the pivot.
Mounting a sealed switch at the key lock assembly would give low force seat openings that can work along side the wireless receiver too.
Programming a chip to open the seat only if 2 second holds of the key lock in the Open position would be more theft resistant.

Both the 400 and 650 have quirks with the seat rear latch assembly that gives partial closings and false openings. We have all had to push down on the back of the seat to set the latch so it would then open through the key lock, especially if stowed items always push up on the underside of the seat.
Perhaps a second switch that tells us if the latch is really set would help because a set latch is also more anti-theft.

A circuit that monitors the button or wireless receiver could do both the 'valid' decoding of input plus supply the 12volt pulse drive for the solenoid too.

I can program the chip and make the coil drive output if someone else wants to do the mechanical end.

Does anyone have a machine shop?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts