Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pappy said:
I have only seen the 2 Factory Suzuki rear racks while looking. Anything else available that I am mising? Thanks, Mike
After looking, I THINK I will just go with the Suzuki Aluminum rear rack from Oneida. Dumb question though, is is hard to mount? I can't figure out what must be involved? I am NOT drilling anything with MY lack of skills though!!!!!!!

·
Registered
209 Posts
It will involve taking off 2 pieces of plastic in the rear, and drilling 3 holes. The holes are premarked with an X. Ok, actually a +. Either way, it's simple. They're marked on the back side of the plastic. You won't see the marks until you remove it, and it'll all become crystal clear. Of course the other option is paying someone to have it installed. Or asking a friend with drilling skills to do it for you with the caveat of making your friend pay for a new piece of plastic if he screws it up. :)

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kias said:
It will involve taking off 2 pieces of plastic in the rear, and drilling 3 holes. The holes are premarked with an X. Ok, actually a +. Either way, it's simple. They're marked on the back side of the plastic. You won't see the marks until you remove it, and it'll all become crystal clear. Of course the other option is paying someone to have it installed. Or asking a friend with drilling skills to do it for you with the caveat of making your friend pay for a new piece of plastic if he screws it up. :)

Neat! But do you have instructions on how to remove those plastic pieces?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hmmm....

I've seen 'em posted somewhere around here... Can't find it. If no one else can find 'em for ya, I'll snap some pics and write some instructions up for ya tomorrow after I finish up the MSF course I'm taking this weekend.

Basically, if you're looking at the back, the bottom piece will come off first by removing the two black plastic rivets. (You can deffinitely find how these rivets work with a quick search, they're simple) Then to remove the bottom piece takes some finesse, but you'll have to pull straight down. It's hooked in there.

That'll reveal the hidden two plastic rivets you'll need to take out, along with the two rivets on top underneath your seat. This piece pulls straight back and slightly upward. It's this piece where the X's mark the spot. You'll also see a nice frame under this piece of plastic with three bolt holes where the bars/trunk/whatever you're mounting gets the physical attachment.

Ok, I suck at descriptions when I don't have 15 hours to write the paragraph properly.. I definitely do better with pictures.

Well, if I've totally confused you, and no one's straightened me out before tomorrow, I'll get clear and concise instructions up. :) Guess I shouldn't even be typing after going 8.4 miles in 6 hours on a bike that's WAY too small for me. Ugggh.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Rack Installation

I just finished installing my Givi top box today. I took some pictures along the way. As soon as I'm able to add text to them, I'll upload them as a "how to" on installing the Givi mounting plate. The procedure would be the same for the Suzuki rack as the Givi plate uses the same three mounting holes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts