Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever access the coil? I need to get to it to do some checking, etc. but I can't get to it. I can touch it by removing the side panels, but I can't actually get to it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm in the middle of a project and I really want to get back to riding.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Hi happytech, yep left hand side panel has to come off. It the one above the floor foot boards at cylinder head height. It's easy to see the coil from there and get to it from there. Make sure to switch off the ignition anytime you diconnect the coil or any ignition parts, you prolly know that. But just reminding. You can flame your ignition control unit if you don't.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can see it, however . . .

I've got the plastic removed. I can see the coil, and I tried to remove one of the connectors - ended up bending the tab sideways and saying a nasty word. It's straighten out now.

I'd really rather be able to just find where the negative wire heads off to after it leaves the coil - that would make my life a lot easier. I need to patch in to that line and the wire the dyno guy used isn't going to work for what I need - I need this line.

Any idea where it goes after it leaves the hidden area by the coil?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Hi happytech, sorry, didn't see your question. Yep the wires should be white and then an orange and white coming from the coil. The white would appear to go directly to the ecm, and the other to various places such as the ecm, linking on the way to the engine kill switch, fuel pump and level sensor, fuel pump relay, etc all via another cable. So you must be very careful what you do here. You can upset so much breaking into this wire. I personally would not touch it. May I ask what you want to achieve?

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got a wideband 2 installed and I'm trying to get the digital display to read the RPM, TPS and A/F.

I've got the A/F working, the TPS works fine until I turn on the engine and then that reading goes south and the tach is jumping all over the place.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts