Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can anyone tell me if you can access the inside front of the headlights of a '12 650 exec., (be'tween the reflector and the clear lens)? I think it would look great to put a strip of LEDS on the botom and maybe vertically on the outside edge. So can the unit be opened after removing the tupperware, etc.? I tried a search of this and on other scooter sites, but didn't find anything, perhaps I used the wrong words to search. Thanks

·
Premium Member
14,258 Posts

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
On Are Models, We Just Put into the Oven for 10 Minutes or so and Just Remove the two Peaces Apart, Not sure if it's like that for the 650, But we remove a few Screws and Have to wear Gloves once, it's taken out the Oven, and take the two Peaces Apart Once your inside you just remove the Chrome Reflector Plates..

·
Premium Member
14,258 Posts
Might work but at $181 each could be an expensive experiment if it fails.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Might work but at $181 each could be an expensive experiment if it fails.
I took mines apart at least Twice, The first time i had No Choice I purchased some Leads at Auto-Zone ,May been some Main-Land stuff, I never purchased another led from them ever again these Burs ted into flames an a Cloud of Black Smoke and Silt took me 2 Hours just to clean the Black Gooo Off the Reflectors & Lenses. The headlight look like a Burnt out Light Bulb Just as long as you don't leave it in the Oven Longer then 10-15 Minutes and after your Done you have to put them back in the Oven for another 10-15 Minutes to put them back together again, there is another Solution to the Glue that's holding together a Neutralizer Fluid that will Desolve the Seal Glue, With out having to put it in the Oven... Or A Heat Gun

Buffalo, you healed up!! your riding now!!

·
Premium Member
14,258 Posts
Interesting video, what is the stuff he is using to bond it back together. He doesn't specify and also doesn't show how long he heated it or what temp he used to bond it back together.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
That's Cool, your Rolling again..... That Glue is the sealer, The sealer stays on there when you Take it apart, Frankly i would rather Remove that stuff and use RTV Silicone instead letting it dry a little before putting the Half's back to together again, So next time you wont have to put it into the Oven again and again the Heat will Weaken the Plastic over time Causing Cracks, Since i,v been in mines Twice i have a few little cracks nothing Major, Depending on the Oven temp about 130 Degrees.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts