Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have bought a Burgman 400 k8, 2009. After riding other scooters, I find that you have to give this one quite a few more revs before the clutch engages and it starts to accelerate. Typically, the clutch starts to engage at about 3000rpm, which seems a bit high to me. There also seems to be a bit of low speed judder, but it's not bad. With all the clutch problems, recall issues etc, I was wondering whether this scooter might be affected, or is this normal i.e. 'the nature of the beast'. Any thoughts and/or experiences very welcome, many thanks. (Scooter is very low miles - 2K).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the replies. No, she doesn't squeal, just some faint juddering, nothing too serious. The one other thing I was initially concerned with was whether 2K miles for a 4 year old bike was a bit too low? Don't these things have to be used to get the engine hot and seals lubricated, not sit around most of the time doing the odd trip to the shops....could there be some problems looming for me ahead?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.