Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
I'm Retired
9,367 Posts
I suggest you bring the RPMs to 4000 quickly when you start and as the bike begins to move, adjust the throttle. I think if you look in the service manual, you will find 2800 RPMs is when the clutch just begins to engage...but it isn't happy staying there.

As far as the low speed judder, that is probably a symptom of the low RPMs. Like trying to drive a manual transmission car in 4th gear from a stop.

Chris

·
I'm Retired
9,367 Posts
Squasher said:
... Don't these things have to be used to get the engine hot and seals lubricated, not sit around most of the time doing the odd trip to the shops....could there be some problems looming for me ahead?
I bought my 2008 400 in April 2011. It was new and had been sitting in a crate for that entire time. I don't know if the dealer puts the fluids in for the first time during the dealer prep, or if it had the fluids in for all that time. The only thing I have changed is the oil for fluids, and that just per the maintenance schedule. At 25000 miles, it runs like a champ.

Chris

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.