Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Absorbent Glass Mat (AGM) Battery Information

ANY ONE HAVING NO STARTS IN COLD WEATHER!! After the bike has been Sitting Overnight or in the Mornings.

The initial voltage of 12.63.V When Normal Temps

The initial voltage of 11.90.V At times 12.01.V When Cold Temps are 40' or 30' Below

Are Motobatt Battery's Requires A Recharge Voltage of 0.99.V. 1-Amp Not Recommended by Motobatt

MotoBatt, Up until recently it was working OK, I been unable to Start the Engine in Temperatures ,30' thru 50' many times,Slow/Start, for a about 3 weeks, in Cold weather / in Mornings in such a drain should not deplete the battery below. Have no Clicking of the Starter/Solenoid So that's a Good Sign that The Battery is still GOOD! :cheers:

To Fix this you will have to Discharge the Battery from Voltage - 12V to 2.05.V Simple and easy to Do Just turn on the Ignition ,Lights,and hook on a Voltage Meter and keep a Eye on the readings , Do this real fast took me about 20 Minutes to drain the battery to from 12.V to 3.06.V ,Some recommends to Drain is Slow i say about 1 Hour, or Less.

Once drain Turn off all systems, The Read out is gonna Jump Back up any way to 10v or 11v But at this Point There is no Cranking Amps, So don't bother to try to /Starter/Start the engine...

Now just Plug in your Charger and Make sure it's a SLOW Charge 0.99.v Amp is whats recommended By MotoBatt Company. your instructions may Vary.

Once the charge is Complete Voltage - 12.65.V or vary! Done!! Had No Problems Since the Discharge/Recharge Method: for a week now had no Issues,This worked for me and should work for you. :cheers:

Elliott,

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Elliott Larron said:
Absorbent Glass Mat (AGM) Battery Information

ANY ONE HAVING NO STARTS IN COLD WEATHER!! After the bike has been Sitting Overnight or in the Mornings.

no

MotoBatt, Up until recently it was working OK, How long have you had it?

To Fix this you will have to Discharge the Battery from Voltage - 12V to 2.05.V Is this because of Battery memory?
I'm not sure I follow this line of logic but I am always willing to learn something new.
Please enlighten me. :wink:

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I Had mines for about a say a good 3 Years Now!!! and still Cranking like a champ, i found the info on a MotoBatt Support Site, About Cold weather and Cranking Amps. Just thought I'll share it with everybody that Owns the Motobatt Battery, Just in case there having this Problem, That's all !!ONLY Motobatt Battery's!!

will be 3 years old since i had it installed. :cheers:

Battery memory? :lol:

Something like that, Something to Do with Starting all over again. from 0-12v Discharge seems to fix any kind of battery. But has to Be Done Right?

Gell Battery's can be deep Drained with no Problems, there very Strong Batts ,Now the Acid Liquid Battery's Can't be Drained below 10.0v or it will Damage them..

Elliott,

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
1 - 4 of 4 Posts