Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2012 650 I feel like the abs engages to early, I can ride my friends 08 and there is a lot more rear stopping power without the tire locking up than there is on mine before you feel the ABS start to pulse. Is this adjustable? or is it possible to pull a fuse or better yet put a switch in the power line to turn it off and on. It would be nice to have ABS except when riding aggressive in the twisties! Thanks for any input. SAFE SCOOTIN Jay

·
Registered
274 Posts
I do not imagine that it would be adjustable as the potential for litigation would be horrible. The difference between yours and your mates is likely to be, rear or possibly front suspension I.e. wieght bias. Tyre pressures or load carried in the under seat compartment. Tyre brand and or a combination of all or some of these. As for a diy inhibit of the system in the event of an accident an insurance company would have a field day.

Geoff.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The difference is quite noticeable with similar tires and both bikes empty. Maybe I will get an chance to ride another 2012 for comparison.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Perhap your friend 08 Burgie not work properly. ;)

If 2012 still have warranty it easy for dealer mechanic to check this, even if no warranty it not expensive to have this check by competent knowledgeable mechanic.

·
Premium Member
6,061 Posts
I'd like to think that with the narrow tolerances of the ABS ring at each wheel that easily throws a light on the dash, that anything wrong with the system would also easy be displayed by the dash light.
In parking lot tests, I've never gotten the front ABS to engage, but I can engage the rear ABS.

·
Registered
426 Posts
OP have you checked to see if both your and your friends Burgy levers are on the same settings? Depending on the settings of each lever, the feel may appear different, and that might go some way to explaining the difference of 'feel' you experienced. Another issue might be air 'in the line' on one Burgy versus another...

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
On my 2012 650 I feel like the abs engages to early, I can ride my friends 08 and there is a lot more rear stopping power without the tire locking up than there is on mine before you feel the ABS start to pulse.
As I read this it sounds like your comparing a ABS bike to a non ABS bike, is that correct?

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
OP have you checked to see if both your and your friends Burgy levers are on the same settings? Depending on the settings of each lever, the feel may appear different, and that might go some way to explaining the difference of 'feel' you experienced. Another issue might be air 'in the line' on one Burgy versus another...
Excellent idea & point :thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts