Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a trike kit put on my 650 scooter and it had to have a longer brake line my brake handle fills ok but my abs light stays on.Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.THANKS.FREDDY.

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
freddy cook said:
I had a trike kit put on my 650 scooter and it had to have a longer brake line my brake handle fills ok but my abs light stays on.Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.THANKS.FREDDY.
Freddy
was the rear brake bleed after the brake line added? :?:
that's where I would start.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Even if they put the sensors back if the wheel sizes have changed by enough it may put the light on.

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
What type of trike kit did you have put on?

Is it a true trike kit that replaces the rear wheel with two wheels so you just have three wheels total. If so it may not have a ABS sensor and ring or they failed to hook it up.

If it is one of the outrigger style that adds wheels on either side of the existing rear wheels they may have bent or knocked the sensor ring on the existing rear wheel out of alignment. Either that or as others have mentioned failed to hook the sensor back up or knocked it out of alignment.

The sensor ring is mounted on the side of the rear wheel that the final drive runs down. It looks like a sheet metal ring with slots cut into it. The sensor is mounted to the final drive and the wire runs along the drive. There should be a gap between the sensor and the ring of about 1/16 inch. The gap needs to remain constant as the wheel is turned. If the gap is to wide or widens and narrows as the wheel turns your ABS light will come on and your ABS will not work.

If you have a true trike style kit they will have to have made some allowance to mount the sensor ring and sensor to the differential or to one of the rear wheels. If not then the ABS light is going to remain on and the ABS is not going to work.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is a true trike kit called cass county choppers,they put a longer brake line and fixed the sensor and the ring looks back on right.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Take it back to where you had the work done and tell them to fix it. Get what you paid for.

Bill

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would take it back but it is 600 miles 1 way.buffalo,my rear sensor has about 1/2 inch space between it and the wheel,did you say it suppose to have 1/16 of an inch between the sensor and the slotted wheel ?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I may have to make one to get it closer do you think that may be my problem or what do you suggest.THANKS.FREDDY.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
freddy cook said:
I may have to make one to get it closer do you think that may be my problem or what do you suggest.THANKS.FREDDY.
The sensor is too definitely too far away from the ring. I went to the garage and measured the distance on mine and it's the thickness of a business card away from the ring.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
I doubt you can move the ring so you're going to have to get the sensor closer to the ring. Can you post some pics of the trike kit and sensor?

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
Few of us have ever even seen one of those trike kits much less had any experience with how one is assembled. We would have see something that could help us visualize how they mounted the sensor and ring before we could make any suggestions.

You can use the upload attachments button at the bottom of the reply page to add a picture.

Maybe someone who has one of the kits installed on their bike will browse this thread and supply some answers.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Freddy,

Why don't you update your profile and show your location? There might be someone nearby that could come and give you a hand.

Bill

1 - 20 of 37 Posts