Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have installed a bestem 2012 box and I like it in general good price point and I connected the led stop lamp up ok too.

However , now almost all the cable clamps that are used to route the cable and are stuck on with some glue, have come unstuck.

As the box is abs and so are the clamps would superglue work ? Any other suggestions instead.

I think it's cos the box gets so hot in he California sun, so that is a consideration too

·
Premium Member
14,228 Posts
Go to the local plumbing supply (or Home Depot or such store) and get some ABS pipe glue. That should do it.

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
I use something called shoo goo sold at walmart stores in the shoe section on end caps usually. Seems to work well with anything and totally waterproof.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
tomfelock said:
I use something called shoo goo sold at walmart stores in the shoe section on end caps usually. Seems to work well with anything and totally waterproof.
+1 But I use their other product called AUTOMOTIVE GOOP (almost the same product) that is made by the same company. Both work very well for use as a temporary gasket, lock-tite, or just a great adhesive that can be removed if needed without damaging surfaces. I use it on my kayak as well.
Both can be found at Walmart, Auto parts, or Hardware store.

·
Premium Member
4,015 Posts
I use super glue, the Krazy Glue works great. :thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts