Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It got up to 74 degrees in my part of Virginia today and I had a really nice ride! Went to a friend's Christmas tree farm way out in the country and had the most pleasant visit. I felt like Santa Claus as I was given a plate of home made cookies and a nice, cold glass of milk! YUM! they have a beautiful Christmas shop with all kinds of beautiful things. After my visit with them, I rode over to the Stonewall Jackson Shrine where a Ranger friend of mine resides. I had never met his family and they were all out in the yard. What a nice young family! His wife is also a Ranger and they have an adorable little boy. We had a very nice visit. I left there and just traveled some back roads, got to see some beautiful Christmas decorations, and got home at O dark hundred! Man, what a great day! Of course, we will pay for it tomorrow as we have a front coming in and are looking at the possibility of some severe storms! Not looking forward to that! Anyway, all in all, the Burgman 400 just rode like a dream! I LOVE this bike! I got some nice comments on it also. Hope everyone gets to have a day like this! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! :D

·
Registered
108 Posts
Sounds like you had a great day on the burgman, We had some of that great weather in NC. yesterday as well and I enjoyed a little ride myself, Im headed for tidewater Va. (on 4 wheels) this morning hopefully won't hit those storms till latter in the evening .

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Cold Weather, Is Good for the Burgman 400's The SAT Sensor Air Temp Detects Colder Weather There for Adds More GAS to the Cylinder = More Power

,Others have said But Bad for MPG

Elliott,

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Nice - we're buried in ice but supposed to get above freezing next week.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Nice - we're buried in ice but supposed to get above freezing next week.
Somehow, that statement doesn't seem as optimistic as it sounds. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
123 Posts
I can relate to the ice as we had freezing drizzle late Friday into Saturday and then followed with a dusting of snow. A few days before it was in the lower 60s and I was able to go riding.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Was 87 here yesterday and 84 today both sunny days and no rain. I did not get to ride the Burgman due to some surgery Thursday but it sure was BEAUTIFUL.

·
Registered
211 Posts
It got up to 74 degrees in my part of Virginia today and I had a really nice ride! Went to a friend's Christmas tree farm way out in the country and had the most pleasant visit. I felt like Santa Claus as I was given a plate of home made cookies and a nice, cold glass of milk! YUM! they have a beautiful Christmas shop with all kinds of beautiful things. After my visit with them, I rode over to the Stonewall Jackson Shrine where a Ranger friend of mine resides. I had never met his family and they were all out in the yard. What a nice young family! His wife is also a Ranger and they have an adorable little boy. We had a very nice visit. I left there and just traveled some back roads, got to see some beautiful Christmas decorations, and got home at O dark hundred! Man, what a great day! Of course, we will pay for it tomorrow as we have a front coming in and are looking at the possibility of some severe storms! Not looking forward to that! Anyway, all in all, the Burgman 400 just rode like a dream! I LOVE this bike! I got some nice comments on it also. Hope everyone gets to have a day like this! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! :D
Yeah. 70 or so here in Leesburg yesterday and I went out for over 4 hours, mostly into Loudoun and Fauquier counties along the backroads and then down to Front Royal along the Shenandoah River from Rt 50. One of the better rides of the year.:happy7:

·
Registered
25 Posts
We have been cooking here in NSW Australia for the last week .Temps of 95 to 100 and today about 90 to 95 with smoke (probably bushfires ) and sirens wailing
And its all to blame on your Mr Dickhead Al Gore and his global warming nonsense.
Our summer has certainly arrived with a bang whilst November was our wettest in 25 years
I don't like riding when its too hot moreso if I have to wear a jacket .We went on one ride of about 260klms last summer and the temps climbed to 44C or about 110 and it is the only time I have ever contemplated leaving the scooter at a service station and ringing the wife to come and collect me in the car --I sweated off 4kg that day .
Thankfully we don't get real cold or snow but real heat is no fun .

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
We're back to our average which is 72 at this time of year. Was 38 this morning when I got to work. Didn't ride as I need to do some last minute Christmas food shopping. Stuff I need wouldn't fit in the 650 so drove my Passat to work.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Hit 80 on Christmas & did do a short ride (20 miles round trip) to Circle K for a bag of ice.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
About 78 Yesterday here in the CA, Boy this GW is a real eye opener
Winter Sucks Big time what ever happend to just under '38's All Day.

70's 80's In the winter Strange weather.......

Elliott,

·
Registered
630 Posts
-6C (or 21F) here right now. City is a mess recovering from ice storm. Still about 50k homes without power (from a high of 250k). Windstorm heading through, might push the number back up as trees crack further.

Wish I could lay down a few kilometers. Nothing but slush, salt & crud for the next little while.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
It's been running from the low 60s to the mid 80s here and I've taken the liner out of the mesh jacket. I brought it along for the ride home from work in the morning though; it's scheduled to drop into the 50s.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
We're 10 degree above normal in the mid 70's. Little chilly at work this morning down to 39................burrrrr

1 - 17 of 17 Posts