Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
308 Posts
Hokaido

The Academy conducted a 90 day intensive in Hokaido; a paradise by every attribute you can imagine...or have probably experienced.

I returned from Japan, and that experience in 1991. I didnt do any riding, the days were very fulll at 12 +_ hours of instruction. I realized that I wasnt instructor material. I broke 6 fingers, 3 toes, and tore a rotator cuff. Aikido is a gentle discipline for Students at the begginer and intermediate level, but a rough sport fraught with bruises for instructor candidates.

I returned to Japan 10 years latter for work as an analyst in the high technology document management field -- in 2002. I was there for two stitnts of 90 days each. The execs there at Mitsubishi / Israeli aircraft really flipped my wig. They would go out, with me in tow, and party till 3:00AM drink like fishes, and imbibing other substances....nudge nudge...nods as good as a wink to blind bat.

The magic show...you never head that expression? How, indeed how did those Japanese men do all that carousing and be back at work not the least bleary eyed....!!!!! I think its genetic.

What a culture ! What beautiful women...they seemed not to like Jewish guys too much...but I was smitten. They eat alot of shellfish there...tough to keep Kosher.

I love Japan ! I read incesantly about it all the time, including the famous book , "So long and OK", and American Buddhist in Japan...gret read and so true.

You are a lucky man to be there. Other than Israel, its my dream.

· Registered
308 Posts
Aiki kai

I'll tell you, there are some 65+ year old ladies that have rank here in the usa. they beat the crap outa me more than once.

Ouch...I still hurt. The injuries in Aikido can be much worse than in Karate, due to the joint locking and breaking techniques.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.