Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
That is the second Honda commercial I have seen with great video useage. The other one was using drawings, kind of like the flip card videos.

And a side note, on the subject of Honda, I bought a new Honda CR-V in July with the CVT transmission. Sure wish my 400 clutch was as smooth (chatter, chatter). I guess that is why you guys went to the 650 wet clutch.

·
Registered
939 Posts
People who think of this stuff are creative beyond what I could ever think of!

Loved it, even though I will never own Honda

·
Registered
939 Posts
Bad history with one of their bikes or cars?
Generator: Bought a Honda Quite 3000, worked great for about a year (note light use only) Then it started to get a lot louder and made running it at night unpleasing to others around it. When I took it in to Honda, and I know the US dept for them very well, they stated it was due to abuse of the machine. Mind you the plastics where in perfect condition. ( I am meticulous about wiping the dirt and other things off when done using)

Car: Have had many as rentals and they are great long lasting but cheap plastics and so on now a days. They do last long, but even family whom have purchased 2013+ models are turning away from Honda feeling they are not made as good as they used to.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Even BMW and most manufacturers use cheap plastic these days.
The Koreans started to hire german designers to design their cars, the 2016 kia sorento for example, check the interior and see how good it's made and designed.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have had many Honda bikes, mowers and snowblowers (have a Yamaha inverter generator though). Everything is well made, even the bikes they build in Thailand now are quality. I have to ask if the generator was getting louder why not just buy a new muffler? Why would that sour you on the entire brand? What else was wrong with it?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Honda, my favorite company. I have nothing but praise for everything Honda I've owned, to include a Goldwing, VFR800 and my 2007 Honda Ridgeline which I bought new in 2006 and not a single thing has gone wrong with it, so far.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I have had many Honda bikes, mowers and snowblowers (have a Yamaha inverter generator though). Everything is well made, even the bikes they build in Thailand now are quality. I have to ask if the generator was getting louder why not just buy a new muffler? Why would that sour you on the entire brand? What else was wrong with it?

The genny basically was falling apart from all ends. Plastic was cheap compared to the Yamy.

as for the dirt bikes, my KTM outruns and I never have problems. I demoed a ton of bikes in the sand and the hard desert. Honda fell to the back of the pack over the last few years. Now I have a friend who loves his, his choice. Just as riding and comparing (note: all where new off the floor, basically a bike shootout) I ws very unhappy with the Red H.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Was your generator left out in the elements all day, in the back of a truck or next to a building? That generator gets great reviews.

KTM makes great bikes. But they cost a lot more than a comparable model Honda as well. KTM also doesn't make anything else, so it's hard to compare the two companies.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Was your generator left out in the elements all day, in the back of a truck or next to a building? That generator gets great reviews.

KTM makes great bikes. But they cost a lot more than a comparable model Honda as well. KTM also doesn't make anything else, so it's hard to compare the two companies.
Dale:

My Genny was always well taken care of. I tried to pride myself on taking after how I was raised, respecting items I won and always cleaning them when I am home. When used it was placed on a platform designed to allow proper air on a stable environment.

·
Registered
120 Posts
"When used it was placed on a platform designed to allow proper air on a stable environment" - I have no idea what that means. You said on a previous page that the plastics were in perfect shape. That tells me by omission that the metal wasn't, like it was rusted. Again, Honda does NOT make junk. If the muffler rusted from the weather or burnt out from extensive use then buy another muffler. Don't bash the company.

·
Registered
939 Posts
"When used it was placed on a platform designed to allow proper air on a stable environment" - I have no idea what that means. You said on a previous page that the plastics were in perfect shape. That tells me by omission that the metal wasn't, like it was rusted. Again, Honda does NOT make junk. If the muffler rusted from the weather or burnt out from extensive use then buy another muffler. Don't bash the company.
Well being I am own it, used it and it broke in better than normal conditions of use. I think I have the right to state my opinion. And if you don't understand the first statement then you know nothing about what causes a genny to fail. I have looked at many older ones that have rust on the muff and didnt cause an issue. Products fail, it is life, it's what happens when they step up as a company to wrong something. IE my Ford, my HD, my Samsung, my LG washer and dryer....they all offer assistance and have never let me down. This time Honda did.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
I own a 1992 Honda self propelled lawn mower, which I use twice a week for a 100 X 125 ft lot. It starts right away and has never needed a repair. I do all the routine maintenance and use nothing but synthetic oil. I also owned 2 Honda Scooters which also served me well. However when looking for a top of the line scooter, the AN650 Burgman beat out the 600cc Silverwing hands down.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts