Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a great weekend of riding. On Saturday I was in the Blue Ridge Mountains and on Sunday I was in Colonial Beach! That's what I love about where I live in Virginia...go one way and I am in the mountains in about an hour and go the other way and I can be at the beach in about an hour! Wonderful country roads all in between. Thing is, I started hearing a squeak in my front end when I was going over some bumpy ground. When I got home, I went through my yard to my back door to unload the bike, and I heard the squeak pretty well with the low speed. When I parked it in the garage, while sitting on it, I bounced the front end up and down...and there it was. There is a squeaking sound coming from what seems to be the front shocks or forks. Anyone else experience anything like this with their Burgman? I have a 2011 Burgman 400ABS with around 3000 miles on it. Is it something to be concerned about? Just thought that I would solicite your responses. Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
mice in the air filter!! Get a cat!

·
Premium Member
12,597 Posts
then a dog

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
It might be that the squeak is not coming from any of the suspension components at all. It might just be some of the body work junctions rubbing against each other. That has been reported as happening before.

Only way to know for sure is to strip off the front bodywork then see if the noise is still there. If so try to isolate exactly where it is coming from then the question of cause can be better answered.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts