Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friday night I met up with JoeZeff and Burg650 from the forum. We compared our seats (my stock, Joe's Corbin and Roger's(Burg650) custom rework of the stock. We made arrangements to get together Monday for a run up Bear Mountain in NY.

Monday's weather could not have been better and the ride was great. I was joined by my wife Tina on the back of my scoot and the four of us cruised up to the mountain and mingled with many bikes (we were the only scoots and drew much attention).

We even came across a Harley with a flat. Burg650 whiped out a patch kit and fixed his tire, then I pumped it full of air with my portable compressor and the power in my glove box.

It was a great day and I look forward to our next run when we should be up to 5 650s and maybe can get a couple of NJ/NY 400s to join in.

I will try to figure out how to post and get some pics up.

Now I am just waiting for my seat to be reworked at the same trim shop Burg650 had do his. This forum is the best place for info, and making friends!

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Sounds like a great time Chuck. Any comments on the Burmans from the HD rider?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HD riders were quite complimentary, especially blown away that we could "plug in" a compressor (they thought I was getting a car) and all the storage...

and It was a great time indeed. Any other Jersey or NY riders should join us...

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Johnny

Loved the story.
Great to be able to help a fellow biker out too - even better when its a Burgman rider helping a Hardly! :)

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
JohnnyDeath wrote

Now I am just waiting for my seat to be reworked at the same trim shop Burg650 had
I gather from your post that you feel the reworked seat was better then the Corbin ?
Care to share your thoughts .. 8)
Inquiring minds want to know :)

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The reworked seat was lush. The corbin too tall (though I loved the leg room). Both quite comfy. Cheaper to rework stock seat than buy a corbin. I can get the color/design I want by having my seat refinished.

Orange and Dark Grey.

Soon I will add orange pinstriping. Sounds kinda Halloweenish huh? That's the point.

and I'll have it this week (I HOPE).

I did find the Corbin very nice, however it also reduced the storage space underneath, and I need all the room I can get.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Monday's weather could not have been any better for the ride the three of us did (almost was 5, next time). As for the Corbin seat, yes it was a bit high and hard for me maybe I am sure to my reworked seat. I did like the extra leg room it gave but what I liked the most was how my rump felt very supported, almost made me feel like I could take such deep corners till my keens touch the ground.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts