Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, everybody , I am a friend that come from Taiwan, often see everybody's photo in Taiwan, feel that the scenery is very beautiful! ! In Taiwan, because of the restriction of the law, few people have cars above 250cc, the freeway , the through street, the country where the fast traffic lane can't go , bought by few people, however, Taiwan is really a very beautiful country of scenery , what many photos that will travel in Taiwan I stick in the future, will hope that everybody gives us your advice ...

·
Registered
209 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I'm a fairly new member too. These people are great for providing information.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you,I know this is a very good forum, so, I will make great efforts to offer various kinds of information too !

·
Registered
355 Posts
Welocome to the forum!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. I was born in Taipei, Taiwan (Dad was in the US military). I don't remember it because I moved to the US when I was 1 year old. My Mom has many pictures of it though. From your pictures it looks like Taipei has changed a little in the past 35 years. Post more pictures!!!!!

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Welcome to the BurgmanUSA forums anderson0502. Glad to have you join us.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello! anderson,I am Ruark,nice to meet you at this forum!!

and

Hi ! everybody,I am anderson's friend,
I am come from Taiwan too!

This forum has many information for Burgman bike!
:thumbright:

:p :p :p :p

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Hello Ruark. Glad to have you join the BurgmanUSA forums too.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Hi Anderson and Ruark

Welcome to the forum :hello2:

Good to have you onboard, perhaps you could look at this post on the 'black box' that improves performance that has us all wondering - what exactly - it is?

·
Registered
2 Posts
NormanB said:
Hi Anderson and Ruark

Welcome to the forum :hello2:

Good to have you onboard, perhaps you could look at this post on the 'black box' that improves performance that has us all wondering - what exactly - it is?
Hi Norman,

I am Eric, from Taiwan too.
It's very nice to know a board dedicated to Burgman.

There are lots of "Counter Current" boxes sold here in Taiwan.
Actually, the box contains only capacitors. No other electronic magic.

The use of box is to filter out the voltage ripple generated by the alternator. Manufacturer clams it will increase the power to spark plug, audio equipment, and even fuel injector...
The installation procedure is simply plug the box to both ends of battery.
Some say it really improve the torque between low and mid range.

I have some pictures of the circuit and board.
I can send to you if you like to have. (I don't know how to post the pictures to the board)

------------------
Burgman 650, June 2004

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Hi Eric from Taiwan!

Welcome to the forum! :hello2:

I have sent you a private message which you can retrieve by clicking on the message link at the top of the page.

I will post pictures/details on your behalf - if that is OK with you? :)

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
If you people on Taiwan know anyone from Kymco please give them this message. Their new 500 cc scooter is not going anywhere here in the US with that silly little 9.1 liter gas tank. We have too many places here where that won't take you from one gas station to the next. It's too bad because I was going to give it serious consideration.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
gruntled said:
If you people on Taiwan know anyone from Kymco please give them this message. Their new 500 cc scooter is not going anywhere here in the US with that silly little 9.1 liter gas tank. We have too many places here where that won't take you from one gas station to the next. It's too bad because I was going to give it serious consideration.
you mean this one?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
That's the one. That is the size I was looking for & everything sounded great until I got to that tiny gas tank. A trip to Las Vegas or Laughin Nevada would have to be planned very carefully. I had a Honda CX500 with a slightly larger tank & that was the only thing I hated about it.
Been there done that, never again.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Anderson, Is the drive unit on the right side as shown in the picture? If so, its opposite of the Burgmans.

Good looking bike. If the price is right, I think it will sell in the U.S. as there are quite a few Kymco dealers...that is, if they will stock them so people can see and ride one. Small gas tank doesn't bother me...if I were going somewhere I thought gas was scarce I'd just strap on a spare can somewhere...or put it in the trunk. Thats just not a problem here in the East/SE as there isn't that much wide open spaces like out West.

Is it on the market yet? I'd like to urge my local Kymco dealer to get one.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Bill, after I wrote the above, I searched some web sites and a dealer in Florida emailed me back that it would likely be Jan or Feb. HIs listed price on the smaller 250 was just under 4K....about 1K less than a Reflex. I didn't ask about the 500 as I knew he wouldn't have that info yet.

The photo Anderson included must have been a reverse negative or somesuch as the CVT drive is on the left just like Burgs.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts