Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from Down Under.

I've just come back from Nevada after visiting my brother there. He owns a Harley Road King and said I should get back into bikes (I'm 39, married, 2 kids). While in Vegas I read a road test of the Burgman 650 and the authors (die hard bikers) didn't hate it, in fact they seemed to quite like it.

When I arrived back in Australia I came across this web site and was quite impressed. I did the rounds of the Suzuki dealers here and found just one Burgman 650 in the whole of Melbourne. Another customer who happened to be there owned a 250 Burg and said it was fantastic. Anyway I bought the 650 and am picking it up this Saturday. Maybe I'm jetlagged but i've done all this in the space of 3 days without having ridden one. The bike cost $12,500 Australian or US$9,500 plus on road costs which seems quite expensive considering what you can get one for in the US. The dealer told me this type of bike is the way of the future and will become the largest growing market segment in bikes

Any way I'll let you all know what I think after Saturday. It's summer here so there's plenty of good riding weather ahead.

Cheerio

Simon

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Hi there SImon and welcome to the board. Congrats on the new purchase. I don't know if its the quickest growing segment of the future or not. It seems to coincide with the growing number of Aussie members we get here :lol: Enjoy your ride.......it's winter here and there calling for -20C tonight without the wind chill. Needless to say I'm jealous :p

·
Registered
276 Posts
Who are u?

Hi Simon,
Don't feel bad about what you paid, feel good about what you are getting. Here in England my 650 was 14301 Aus$ or 10962US$. I would certainly love to join you on the Great Ocean Road for a ride out and good seafood, so if your mind turns to taking that trip, please take Gail and I along in spirit. We thoroughly enjoyed our month in Melbourne December 02.
Regards
Randal and Gail
June 03 Blue 650

1 - 3 of 3 Posts