Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI ALL
Has any one out there added a nitrous system to the 650 Burg yet as I am thing about doing so. If any one has - would like info if not may let you know how it goes. L-SKI

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
:shock:

That will indeed be an interesting project - what transmission mods do you think will be necessary to accommodate the increased power and how much does a 650 belt/transmission actually cost?

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
L.SKULSKI said:
HI ALL
Has any one out there added a nitrous system to the 650 Burg yet as I am thing about doing so. If any one has - would like info if not may let you know how it goes. L-SKI
Saw a Honda Silverwing at Scootercade that had a nitrous system installed. It had been done by the first owner. Current owner doesn't use it - I got the impression that he wasn't that knowledgeable about it. The scoot had other custom work that looked real nice.

I would be more concerned about the clutch, belt and other tranny components than the engine. Since I plan on keeping my 650 at least another 3 years, a nitrous oxide system isn't on my to do list.

Funny, I mentioned seeing the Silverwing with the nitrous system to the service manager at the dealership I go to. His immediate reaction was "I know what you're thinking, don't do it!".

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
If your not happy with the power I think it would be cheaper in the long run to just buy a faster bike.
And it's not just the cost of the system, the scooter is not made to be upgraded that way,
sure you can do it --but that's not a reason to do it.
I personal don't think the components that make up the scooter will hold up to that kind of abuse. :roll:

·
Registered
311 Posts
NOS

The acronyn NOS could stand for not on scooters. yesterday I sent what I thought would be a nice avatar to site admin. Perhaps he would be kind enough to put it here just this once. Honest, I'm new and had no idea this conversation was taking place. If you'd like to see Wiley Coyote atop a NOS burgman ask him. It's sooo relevant!
Remember the famous last words: "Hey guys, watch this!!"
Be safe out there

·
Registered
311 Posts
Hi. I'll try as soon as I get home.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts