Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just ended my second weekend riding the Burgey, and I must say I am so impressed with this bike. The more I become comfortable with it, the more I love it. (650) I have no regrets about not buying a sportster.
One question though, someone went by me and gave me a two finger wave. Is that good or bad? It seems like someone on this forum intimated it might not be a sign of respect.
He was on a Buell Blast, cute, but not as cool as the Burgey. Just is case it was a snub, I left him standing at the next light. Politely, of course, I don't want to be rude.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good. I was hoping it was a "you're on 2 wheels, your're ok with me" sign.
I have to admit, it was pretty fun, zipping up to 60 so quick.
The feeling of power underneath me is pretty cool, much more fun than a car.

·
Registered
240 Posts
wascogirl said:
Good. I was hoping it was a "you're on 2 wheels, your're ok with me" sign.
Which two fingers? Thumb and pinky (actually, it is also the sign for "Longhorns" or UT-Austin), I hope? Or is it thumb and index (as a handgun)?
I have to admit, it was pretty fun, zipping up to 60 so quick.
The feeling of power underneath me is pretty cool, much more fun than a car.
You switched to power mode, I hope? :wink:

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
I always give a two-finger wave just because that's the way my hand comes off the bar; I ride 90% of the time with two fingers covering the brake and two fingers and thumb wrapped on the grip -- and they just sorta "stick" that way.

I've heard various versions of the two finger wave meaning; two-wheels, two-cylinders (Harleys), closed peace sign, closed victory sign...I dunno.

I hope I'm not insulting anyone. :?

·
Registered
250 Posts
I figure any wave is good. I was riding this weekend with my wife, and a couple on two suzuki cruisers merged ahead of me. We sped up and fell in line with them, and happened to be taking the same exit. They waved a little as we turned off at the next light. We stopped off to do some shopping, and as we came out of the store they happened to be riding by in the parking lot. The burly dude gave a big wave and and a shout of "how you doin'?" I guess he thought we were just some sportbike when we were behind them, but were much friendlier after they saw what the Burgy was. Strange, kinda, but cool.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
:headbang: Two finger wave like this is good. Twq finger wave like this :thefinger: is bad.

·
Registered
240 Posts
This is what my daughter does when she wants me to be quiet (Coyotes don't talk!).

·
Registered
496 Posts
Allwalk how do you get those cool emoticons? I definitely agree with you on the green fingers!

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Evelyn,

When you post a message, there is a link below the standard 20 is a link "View more Emoticons" that will bring up a page of them.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Thanks Bill. I think I tried that once or twice and it didn't seem to work. :arrow: :scratch: :bonedemon: :bonedemon:

O.K. I think I got it :D

Evelyn

1 - 11 of 11 Posts