Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I got the service manual (New).
The type of oil is written explicitly :10 w 40 !!! (Engine and transmission)
(page 9-46)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was not a question just got the manual

The transmission oil was always an open matter.
based on rumors and other stories, until I got the information from members on this forum.
Still my local Suzuki dealer (and service station) does not belive it as well as the agent here.
Since I have now the official manual (New edition) I wanted to inform other members that the information is verified.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Bendi, you are correct that 10-40 motor oil is used for the 400 gear oil. There was a misprint in the owners handbook that came with the 2004 model which Suzuki corrected by sending each owner a sticker to place over that page. Apparently your dealer/agent has not got the word or doesn't have the service manual which correctly states 10-40.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I don't have my manual in front of me but the grade of oil is important. I think it was SF/SG grade that has the high shear compounds (good for gear wear) added to it. This is not the current automotive oil type. Correct me if I'm wrong, Bendi.

Thanx,
Russ

(Maybe I can get an oil thread started again?)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
By the book

It is specified: Engine oil type and transmission oil type-
SAE 10W-40, API SF or SG
This is from the service manual for K3 and K4 models
99500-34081-03E

·
Registered
553 Posts
ted clement said:
Bendi, you are correct that 10-40 motor oil is used for the 400 gear oil. There was a misprint in the owners handbook that came with the 2004 model which Suzuki corrected by sending each owner a sticker to place over that page. Apparently your dealer/agent has not got the word or doesn't have the service manual which correctly states 10-40.
It is also corrected in the 2005 owner's manual

1 - 7 of 7 Posts