Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From another thread :

Brian said:
"Burgmans" is the correct plural of "Burgman" because it's a proper noun. :wink:
A murder of crows, a herd of deer, a pack of dogs, a gaggle of geese, a brood of hens, a litter of kittens, a pod of whales ....

We need a term for a group of Burgmans. Suggestions???

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
billmeek said:
From another thread :

Brian said:
"Burgmans" is the correct plural of "Burgman" because it's a proper noun. :wink:
A murder of crows, a herd of deer, a pack of dogs, a gaggle of geese, a brood of hens, a litter of kittens, a pod of whales ....

We need a term for a group of Burgmans. Suggestions???
A bounty of Burgmans.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Pack.

A pack of Bergman.

Has kind of a "wild-thing" sound to it. This could include groups of 3 or more.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My son suggested, "A Ride of Burgmans".

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Well pardon me but we need two collective nouns here the 400 and 650 are completely different animals.

400: A svelte of Burgers.

650: A Lard of BurgerKings

Collectively:

A witter.

:lol:

·
Registered
320 Posts
I think a "pride" of Burgmans works. 'Cause that's what I feel riding Sushi. :D And they are kinda the kings of the megascooter jungle. (Not been impressed with any of the other megascoots I've seen, except maybe the SilverWing and the G-Strider, oh baby!)

·
Registered
125 Posts
A Brigade of Burgmans!

Or, in deference to NormanB's belief in segregation - the 400's could be a litter

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
NormanB said:
Well pardon me but we need two collective nouns here the 400 and 650 are completely different animals.

650: A Lard of BurgerKings.
Doh! You beat me to it.

I was going to say "A larder of 650s" in deference to you...

and "A miniscule of 400s" for a reality check. :D

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Invincsum said:
I think a "pride" of Burgmans works. 'Cause that's what I feel riding Sushi. :D And they are kinda the kings of the megascooter jungle. (Not been impressed with any of the other megascoots I've seen, except maybe the SilverWing and the G-Strider, oh baby!)
TMAX is nice!

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Brian said:
NormanB said:

650: A Lard of BurgerKings.
Doh! You beat me to it.

I was going to say "A larder of 650s" in deference to you...

and "A miniscule of 400s" for a reality check. :D
See you might be ' Turbo' by title but not by deed kind Sir!

:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
billmeek said:
NormanB said:
TMAX is nice!
...but not available in the US. :(
Yamaha might have to fight with Kodak over that name in this neck of the woods.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
NormanB said:
See you might be 'Turbo' by title but not by deed kind Sir!
Hmmm. Not sure when or how I got that title (first I've heard of it), but I like it. 8)

And I was slow on the reply because I dropped the Silver Ghost off for its 4K service in preparation for Saturday's Canada to Mexico trip, and had to walk home from work -- 6.2 miles. I haven't walked that much at one time in about 20 years.

I'm gonna regret that when I wake up! :cry:

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Brian said:
And I was slow on the reply because I dropped the Silver Ghost off for its 4K service in preparation for Saturday's Canada to Mexico trip, and had to walk home from work -- 6.2 miles. I haven't walked that much at one time in about 20 years.

I'm gonna regret that when I wake up! :cry:
Well walking is good exercise and you can have the smug warm feeling that you honoured your body today!

But bally poor service old chap!- do they not offer a loaner, or at least a ride home?

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
NormanB said:
But bally poor service old chap!- do they not offer a loaner, or at least a ride home?
They gave me a ride to my office. I got off work at 2:30AM; couldn't really expect them to come fetch me in the wee hours.

I could have taken a taxi home, or even used one of our field supervisor vehicles, but I figured the walk would do me good.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Brian said:
billmeek said:
NormanB said:
TMAX is nice!
I don't think so -

Kodak use the TMAX name throughout the English speaking world!

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
NormanB said:
Brian said:
billmeek said:
NormanB said:
TMAX is nice!
I don't think so -

Kodak use the TMAX name throughout the English speaking world!
Yes, but in the USA they have a bit more pull in the courts, with the Federal Trade Commission, at the Bureau of Copyrights and Patents (or whatever the official name is), etc.

You must remember that this is the "land of the free and the home of the brave (as long as you have deep pockets)." Example: Coca-Cola bought the Paul Masson wine label a few years back. When Paul Masson wanted to use his own real name on a new brand (Masson Vinyards, or something like that) Coke took him to court and won. And look at the way Apple Computer has aggressively fought over the "look and feel" of their user interface (which they copied from Xerox to begin with).

Of course, those examples are for products that are more similar than are film and motor-scooters; but still, I can imagine Kodak putting up a fight over it.

(I wonder what the record is here for nested quotes? :D )

1 - 20 of 24 Posts