Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So just a few questions I haven't been able to find answers to on the forum, I keep noticing that these lights seem to stay on sometimes after I walk away from the bike just after turning it off from a ride, or often they will be on when I am walking out to the bike in the afternoon. Now the battery has never been dead so I can't think they were on all day while I was work so my question is this, does the bike turn these on when you get near it with the key as a courtesy feature? I wish I had an owners manual, but didn't get one with the bike. Just those two little bulbs are all that ever stays on after I walk away, they turn off after a minute or two it seems after removing the key and locking the ignition.

Now second question, I read the fuel tank is about 4 gallons, so is the bottom of the gauge orange area the real empty mark, or the start of it?

Thanks for you help as always, this a great forum!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh I found the answer to my question about the lights just now, I see there is a second position for the key that's causing it so I one mystery figured out.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a wonder that you did not run your battery down with the parking lights on (you must have a good battery). ;)
I felt special for a minute to, thought maybe it knows when your close to it with key and lights up just for me ;)

·
Registered
109 Posts
;) Well you ARE special you have a Burgman!

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
gas gauge

I did extensive research :rolleyes: into the gas tank quantity vs. the gauge reading many months ago. And posted results on this site.
There is a lot of gas in the red zone. I don't remember the miles I traveled before it ran out of gas though.

Ride On!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did extensive research :rolleyes: into the gas tank quantity vs. the gauge reading many months ago. And posted results on this site.
There is a lot of gas in the red zone. I don't remember the miles I traveled before it ran out of gas though.

Ride On!
Thanks Mike I gotta get better at searching on here.
I can look by your screen name so I'll find it now :)

·
Registered
748 Posts
I've shut mine off and my light stayed on. I don't know if it was because the fan was running, if it always stays on for a second or two? I noticed it twice only because I shut the garage door first, then shut it off and I could tell my lights were still on. I don't even remember how long or what i did. I think i just turned the key back on and let the fan run until it shut off. Like I said, I have no idea if this is normal or not, or what was going on, but that's the first thing I thought of when I read this post.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
It's 3.5 gallons. When I had my 400 it took a while for the needle to move off of the full mark but when it did it went south quick. If I remember correctly I had about 1 gallon left at that mark.

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Thanks Mike I gotta get better at searching on here.
:)
Try this instead of forum search

In google
Site:burgmanusa.com tank capacity 400

for other searches especially 3 digit values - replace the "tank capacity 400" with whatever you wish to look for

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I've had many motorbikes since the mid 70s. Some had fuel gauges and some had low fuel lights only. The fuel gauges were always. I reset it to 0 at every fill-up. That way, I always know how far I can go before I need fuel.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Try this instead of forum search

In google
Site:burgmanusa.com tank capacity 400

for other searches especially 3 digit values - replace the "tank capacity 400" with whatever you wish to look for
Thanks, this is awesome, find way more searching this way.

·
Registered
748 Posts
I find according to mileage that from above full to full is about a gallon, from full to almost empty is another gallon, from almost empty to the bottom of the red is another gallon, and from the bottom of the red to empty is the last half gallon.

·
Premium Member
14,230 Posts
I find according to mileage that from above full to full is about a gallon, from full to almost empty is another gallon, from almost empty to the bottom of the red is another gallon, and from the bottom of the red to empty is the last half gallon.
That's pretty much how the one on my 06 works too. When the top of the needle is just touching the bottom of the red it takes 3 gallons to fill the tank. That says I have about 1/2 gallon left in the tank.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's pretty much how the one on my 06 works too. When the top of the needle is just touching the bottom of the red it takes 3 gallons to fill the tank. That says I have about 1/2 gallon left in the tank.
Thanks!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts