Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MJR said:
The Telegraph said:
It gains a couple of small glove boxes alongside the larger, lockable one in the fairing, and the footboards are redesigned to allow the rider's feet to reach the ground more easily.
Anyone care to explain that to me, about the glove boxes or is the reviewer not familiar with the Burgy?

Mmm. Good point. I suspect the latter.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NormanB said:
Judging by his comments about the suspension maybe he has zero experience of motorcycles generally.
No. Roland Brown has ridden & tested hundreds of bikes and I have found inconsistances in some of his reports that suggest that he has merely copied or plaigerised other people's writings. I have seen phrases like "the brakes were adequate" when in truth they would very quickly bring on a need to change your underpants. Like all newspaper writers he has a deadline and lucrative short cuts prevail.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Fatjock said:
Ralph, Has MCN lost some of it's lustre in the UK? Last couple of comments I've read regarding their opinions make me believe that they are not held on the same level of esteem any more. So I'm just curious....all input from UK contributors appreciated.
I stopped reading MCN about 4 years ago because it seemed to me to be mostly oriented towards the race-replica gaudy one-piece leather brigade who are only appreciated by other posers of the same type - (and no woman fancies perching on the back of a race rep rather than a more comfortable type of bike). Also, the MCN writers seemed to believe that the hallmark of a true biker was quickly rubbing the 'nobblies' off the sides of the tyres, plus the ability to 'wheely' on demand. Not my bag I'm glad to say. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.