Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
The Telegraph said:
It gains a couple of small glove boxes alongside the larger, lockable one in the fairing, and the footboards are redesigned to allow the rider's feet to reach the ground more easily.
Anyone care to explain that to me, about the glove boxes or is the reviewer not familiar with the Burgy?

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Daboo said:
Seemed like a decent review, even if one doesn't like the term glove boxes.
It wasn't that I didn't like the term it was that he showed a unfamiliarity with the previous 650 as I have a pair of glove boxes in addition to the lockable one. And I think mine are bigger. :D

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Ralph M said:
There was a review in MCN Motor Cycle News a week or two back,
for those that don't know it's a UK weekly bike paper (snip) they have one on long term test.
Now that would be good to follow.

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
jeff_MDR said:
15 liters is about 4 gallons, times 50 mpg equals a range close to 200 miles, not the 150 he quoted. (Although as a practical matter, I wouldn't go much past 180 miles before refueling). I thought he adequately addressed the mechanical changes, as well as cosmetic changes (but I think it's new look is a notable improvement). He clearly suffered from 'sticker shock' which may have influenced the overall tone of the review.
He was guessing practical mileage range. I've run out at 164 miles before around town and gone as far as 179 miles before filling up on the interstate at reasonable speeds. I always in my normal to/from work look to fill up around 150 miles just so I don't run outta gas again so his range estimate for looking for fuel equals mine. In most cases a gas tank stated volume in necessarily the useable volume. The most I've put in my '09 (didn't have a way to measure when I ran out as gas was brought to me) was 3.779 gallons at 140 miles on the odometer for an average of 37.2 mpg (my worst so far) so it's possible had I not filled up I could have been pushing it, no fun. On the flip side I have at my best achieved 59.9 mpg (168 miles on 2.8 gallons). My average economy over nearly 21,000 mile so far has been 44.3 mpg.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.