Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

has anyone bought already this new big top case from California?
I really would like to know, how satisfied are you with it and is it worth the money? It costs you in the USA only 118.-USD, but if I order it to Germany, I have to spend something around 250.-USD

That’s why I kindly ask, does anyone got experience already with this Top Case
(check the foto in this link:
http://www.forum.an650.de/attachment.ph ... mentid=390)
or directly to eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... gory=34284

Best regrads
und Gruesse

Mike

·
Registered
409 Posts
I clicked on the company's web page. The cost is $128.00 with lights. Less than half of a GIVI 52. I don't how you would mount it to the Burgman. It looks like you would have to find some sort of platform then it would be a permanent mount. From the blow up photos, it looks flimsier than the GIVI

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Hi Mike

(I wish I could read German - your site looks great!) :oops:

Helix on this site fitted one of these cases very recently and has posted pictures. Perhaps you could PM him for detail.

Linky

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Foto of the new TopCase

Hi,
and thanks a lot. I know the picture that allwalk has posted. But I never met anyone who touched this trunk, who has experience with it.
PLEASE as soon as one of you maybe bought this item, let me know how it feels, how is the quality of the material and mounting items. And how does it fit in "real live"?
As you can see, the silver painting of the trunk looks to be darker than the silver painting of the Burgman 650 ?? Or not ??

@NormanB
Easy to do: Just learn the German language. And you will see, that we have in Germany exact the same questions, the same ideas and the same postings. Sometime it is really funny cause it is 100% equal !!

Best regards

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Those pics was posted by one of the forum members (Helix) who installed the top box on his machine. Those photos are of his Burgman with the box installed.

·
Registered
182 Posts
VIP Luxury trunk

Michael McMike,

We fitted the VIP trunks to the Givi mount solid. For the price my wife and I are very happy. Are they of Givi quality, no, but should hold up nicely and the color match is almost perfect. Can't give you a road test yet we are in the middle of Iowa winter, but spring is coming!

Helix
:D

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Re: Foto of the new TopCase

MichaelMcMike said:
@NormanB
Easy to do: Just learn the German language. And you will see, that we have in Germany exact the same questions, the same ideas and the same postings. Sometime it is really funny cause it is 100% equal !!

Best regards
Mike that is good to know. I will spend some more time on your site but it is laborious and sometimes confusing using the on-line transslations.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Size comparison?

Anyone know how this compares to the Givi? They indicate on ebay that it holds one helmet, with dimensions of: 18.9" (width) X 16" (depth) X 15.4" (height). (guessing this is inches) The front edge seems to curve upwards so the height may be overstated a bit...

I thought the Givi would hold two full size helmets, correct?

This might be a much cheaper way to go than the Givi, so i'm interested...

thx for any info...

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
The dimensions of the Givi E52 are 23.4" x 17.6" x 12.4". That works out to over 83 liters but the case actually provides 52 liters of storage. The VIP trunk dimensions calculate to over 76 liters. If we can assume the same loss of space (big assumption), the VIP should provide about 47 liters of actual storage or about the same as the Givi E46 trunk.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
I think the VIP looks better than the Givi but like that the Givi's can easily be removed from the bike. What might be a interesting idea is to build an adapter plate for the VIP that can lock into a Givi monokey mount. You could adapt the Givi wiring too.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: Foto of the new TopCase

MoinMoin!
NormanB said:
Mike that is good to know. I will spend some more time on your site but it is laborious and sometimes confusing using the on-line transslations
Yes I love Altavistas "Babel fish"! Hehehe..
You provide on your 1st page the translations service. I tried it Engl/German and it was very funny to read the outcome!
It´s a machine who translate word by word, often with no sense...
But sometime it gives you an idea, what´s about. Especially if you check the pages of SUZUKI Japan!
Try this: http://www1.suzuki.co.jp/motor/skywave6 ... ail_2.html
And if you have loaded JAVA on your PC, click "SECVT Info"
Here you will see how the "gear box" is working and you can check the power mode as well.

And here are all extras you could buy for your AN650 in Japan:
http://www1.suzuki.co.jp/motor/skywave6 ... ories.html
@HELIX:
Whenever I´m in the States I prefer to be in warm areas, like California, Phoenix or Florida. One of the corners in the US I´ve never been is Iowa. How much snow do you have now?
Best regards
Mike

·
Registered
25 Posts
:D Well, I hope I didn't step on any forum members toes, but I just won the bid for the blue top box on E-bay. I love the fact that it already has the passenger back rest built in. I have big plans for next summer with the burg, we'll be camping and touring Michigan's U.P. for two weeks, so I'll need the storage space.
Next step will be ordering the mounting adapter from Givi.
Later,
Steve

·
Registered
857 Posts
I did consider bidding, but did not at this time. I'm sure their will be others. I did email them and ask what the liter volume capacity of the trunk is. Their response:

Hello,

Thank you for your note. I am not sure the exact liter for it.
But I am sure it can carry the helmet you mentioned. It is the
biggest trinck we are carrying now.

Best regards,

Victor
Acifica, Inc. - Innovative products at compelling price.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Givi Top Case

I called Givi to see which case would look better with the B 400. The lady was pretty informative and suggested the V46. She said 4 burly Harley Davidson riders came in to buy the V46 for their (would you believe)scooters :!: She thought the V46 was better rather than the E52 because you can remove the top lid and buy another one for only 60.00 if you decided to change bikes & colors. The bottom portion of the case being black.

Does anyone have the V46? How do you like it? Man is this stuff expensive :(

·
Registered
13,278 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Givi Top Case

Thanks for the pics and info. When I spoke to Givi the woman told me that the V46 is connected directly to the exsisitng backrest of the B 400. I don't know if this is indicative of the 2005 case as opposed the 2004.

Just out of curiosity do you have pics of someone who has mounted an E52 case on their 400?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts