Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After endless experiments to improve on my original (heavy) main-stand aid (enter 'mousetrap' in search to see my original entry), I have discovered a method that does not include any machining nor any welding. I now use a 10" (300mm) long piece of aluminium 2" (50.8mm)square box section, slip it over the pedal and hey presto! Easy. Total cost £11.99 including p&p. The square shape makes for a sure foothold and it is light enough to carry under the seat. Now why didn't I think of it before now?

·
Registered
352 Posts
"If it seems like a silly idea, but it works, it's not silly!" :cool:

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
It's all about leverage!

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
It's all about leverage!
It's also about technique. I remember back in the 60s, a scrawny little runt of a fellow had a Harley without electric start. The little 100 pound fellow could start the bike without a problem. I was much larger but I never figured out how to do it. I find I don't have any problem at all putting my bikes on the center stand regardless of how big it is.

·
Registered
704 Posts
A fix for something that isn't broke?

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
I've found taking the center stand off, cleaning, greasing the moving bit, and putting it back together made getting it on the center stand much easier (and it wasn't even that rough).

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow! I've just raised my bike in my carpet slippers! If ever there was a Eureka moment that was it. (using the square section ally tube mentioned above)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts