Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on participating to 7Jurock Plastics Windscreen try out program for local riders. My bike came with 30 inch high Givi (I paid $60 extra for that) windscreen. It is too tall for me ( I am close to 6' tall and like to look over the windscreen) and Givi creates some noise at my helmet (3/4) when I on the highways. I will pick up the 28 inch high 7Jurock windscreen next week. I am planning to share my experience with 7Jurock windscreen.

Does anybody have any experience with 7Jurock windscreen for Burgman 650 Exec? How does it compare to Givi Windscreen?

http://www.7jurock.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=332

Thanks,

Matt Kas

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I like the images on the 7Jurock site. After the Concours I appreciate that little front flip. I like the Givi's wings to protect the hands, but I may well look into changing it in the spring. I too am looking forward to hearing about your experiences.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
It kinda looks like a cross between a GIVI and a Clearview.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Had one on my 400 & liked it very much. Good price & service plus there local to us in So. Cal. ;)

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Matt

My Clearview XL was too tall for me. I found a local plastics supplier/fabricator near me and they cut it down a bit over an inch, polished it up and it looks great. I think they charged me twenty bucks.

If the 7Jurock doesn't work out for you, try trimming the Givi.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Wow, that's twice in two days that someone has pointed out the obvious - thanks Jeff!

I've got a Givi and it's really just too tall for me, but I knew that if I tried to cut it down myself I'd just screw the thing up. But it turns out there;s a local plastics fabricator who seems to be set up for doing exactly this sort of thing. I think I'll visit them in the morning and see what's up.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Wow, that's twice in two days that someone has pointed out the obvious - thanks Jeff!

I've got a Givi and it's really just too tall for me, but I knew that if I tried to cut it down myself I'd just screw the thing up. But it turns out there;s a local plastics fabricator who seems to be set up for doing exactly this sort of thing. I think I'll visit them in the morning and see what's up.
Or as in your case... what's going on down...
:shaking2:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I rode with 7Jurock Plastics Windscreen for about a week. It is a great improvement over the stock windshield that Burgman comes with. Not whole alot different from GIVI windscreen if you are riding local below 50 miles per hour. You can tell the difference more when you are on the highway speeds. GIVI has certainly better hand protection from cold. 7Jurock gave me less noise at the helmet both at the highway and local. Beside the shape of 7JUROCK windscreen is more like CeeBaileys on my BMW which I am used to having. So I kept the 7JUROCK and sold the GIVI. GIVI was 30" which was kinda border line too tall for me. 7jurock is 28" tall which is just right. In my opinion 7Jurock screen does not look too big on a scooter either. Another difference I observed was GIVI was narrower on the top than 7Jurock. (more like a pear shape vs Apple shape respectively) Maybe that is contributing to the helmet noise for GIVI.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
i ventured into cutting down my Givi a few months ago. All it took was a dremmel, some tape, a maker and one bad eye. It took about 10 minutes total. Amazing what an inch off the top did.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was thinking about cutting off mine from the top too. I agree cutting 1-2 inches of GIVI screen from the top may help with helmet noise too by getting rid of narrowing section on the top.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts