Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am probably going to buy a new Maxi-scooter shortly and I have found a brand new 2012 Exec for a little over $7,000 out the door but I have a 650 now and have had 2 other ones so I wonder if the "NEW" 2013-14 or 15 would be a 'better' choice or if not better then at least different:confused:

If you have an opinion, I would like to hear it, pro and con, regarding the 'Old' type vs the 'New' model's.

Thanks!

Sam:D

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
I was going to suggest you take a look in the 650 section, as there are a number of threads addressing your question.

Then I noticed that YOU posted basically the same question in that section less than two weeks ago and have 3 pages of replies.

What exactly are you looking for?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well Jeff, you're correct, I asked basically the same question on Dec 26. In re-reading the answers, I remembered that yours was the most knowledgeable and exactly what I wanted to hear.;)

Age you know plays a part in these similar postings.:rolleyes:

I guess what got me going again was the super price I found on the 2012 Exec, that was actually cheaper than my first brand new 2003 B650---imagine that? But then, I started reading about the so called improvements and difference in the 2013's and up but I wondered if an additional 3 to 4 thousand dollars for a 2014 justified the additional expense.:confused:

Marina Del Rey huh? I spent a lot of time on the coast from Laguna to Zuma beach, following the 'South swell,' body surfing up and down the coast, scuba diving, sport fishing and Island hopping on our power boat or sail boat, moored at the Long Beach, seal beach and Ventura Isle marinas. I miss it but got tired of the overwhelming crowds and traffic. My offices were in the financial district of West LA, for many years and my daily 20 mile commute from Bellflower took 2 hours in the morning and 2.5 hours every evening!

I also miss the fantastic dual sport/ adventure bike riding in the mountain ranges of CA. We last live in Hemet, adjacent to lots of mountain roads and jeep trails.

I was born in Lynwood. We left CA in 1999 and now live in the country, where it's very peaceful!

Take care!

Sam:D

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Sam,

No problem. I like the new 650. I think the improvements are notable but not dramatic, and I wanted the new styling. Do I think it's worth a $4000 premium over a low mileage 2012? Absolutely not. This is the year I was planning on replacing my '07 with a used '13 or '14, but I just think finding the right used one was a very low probability - so I made a bit of an impulse buy on a very good deal for a new '14.

I'm a native Los Angeleno and love California - problems and all. But it would be the congestion that would drive me away. However, in the morning I can toss a coin, and in 45 minutes be either up the coast or in the mountains and truly feel I'm away from it all. For a year-round rider, there is no other place like it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am a 650 "wanna be". Barrier, my 2007 400AN has been paid for since I
purchased it new. Tough to pop out the cash. There are great deals for used 650s.
Despite this, when I moved to the 650 is will be a new model. On a group ride
this season, a member of my scooter club let switch and ride his new 650. Wow!

Bob Copeland

1 - 6 of 6 Posts