Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Seems odd to me that Yamaha could make the changes, resulting in bumping up from 530cc to 560cc, in their TMax but Suzuki chooses not to... yet.

I think a 680cc Burgman would be just the ticket, if not more! 😄

Reactions: Dave_J

·
Registered
319 Posts
rjs987 - I have to respectfully add, officially, I don't believe a Burgman 650 will do 120 mph. An incorrected speedometer might say it, but on flat level ground with no wind, I don't think so.

I saw a video of one on the salt flats running flat out and it would do about 103 - 105 mph via GPS from my memory. However, I do believe I heard the early to mid 2000's models were possibly faster … but surely not 15 mph faster. I could be wrong. I've been wrong once or twice before.

Sooner or later, I'm going to try it on my Burgman (windshield down, mirrors folded, tucked). I got it up to about 94 mph. It seemed to be stable enough, and it felt like it had another 10 mph in it.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
rjs987 - I have to respectfully add, officially, I don't believe a Burgman 650 will do 120 mph. An incorrected speedometer might say it, but on flat level ground with no wind, I don't think so.

I saw a video of one on the salt flats running flat out and it would do about 103 - 105 mph via GPS from my memory. However, I do believe I heard the early to mid 2000's models were possibly faster … but surely not 15 mph faster. I could be wrong. I've been wrong once or twice before.

Sooner or later, I'm going to try it on my Burgman (windshield down, mirrors folded, tucked). I got it up to about 94 mph. It seemed to be stable enough, and it felt like it had another 10 mph in it.
Likely not all versions will do this but you can ask @Dave_J about that time LEO clocked him at just over 122 mph on his 2003 B650. I think there would be no problem with the steps you mention to make it to over 110 actual mph on any model that is working in top condition on stock tires appropriately inflated. I've had mine to 90 mph actual (GPS) without folding the mirrors or tucking in behind the shield while passing another vehicle on a 2 lane county highway. Started that short run in Power Mode. Not really level but maybe a bit uphill for that yet my 2013 model felt like there was a lot left to go before it even started to struggle for more.

·
Administrator
18,401 Posts
When I did my speed run I had a Bridgestone BattleAx tire on. The speed was locked by a hand held Lazer device by a Wyoming State trooper (or what ever they are called.)

The road did have a 25 to 30 foot drop in the 1.5 miles we did this run. I had the mirrors pulled in and I was tucked down behind the GIVI screen that I had shimmed the bottom bolts to tip the top back some and I had cut 3 inches off the top too.

Police Lazer said 122.30 MPH
Honda Goldwing (with me) speedo said 122 MPH as did his GPS unit.

It happened in 2006. I know it happened. I have no reason to lie. :cool:

Reactions: Rusty J
41 - 44 of 44 Posts