Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Is Burgman no longer making the 650 executive?

im coming off of a gold wing, and I’m looking for a nice scooter, But with my height and body weight I need at least a 400 to a 650. Started looking for scooters this year. Was surprised to see that the 650 wasn’t listed as a renewed scooter. Don’t know that I want to pay the price for a logo on a BMW. 650
Try and find a 650Burgman be more suited to your need especially coming off of a Goldwing go for a BMW if you like spending big money on parts. 650 Burgman will give you everything you need. But hey that's your decision

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Try and find a 650Burgman be more suited to your need especially coming off of a Goldwing go for a BMW if you like spending big money on parts. 650 Burgman will give you everything you need. But hey that's your decision
Well I stand at 6 foot four. But I weigh in at 285, looking for something that’ll cruise along at 50-55 , But can also climb mountains without bogging down. Like I always cross Route 50 out of canyon city Colorado, over a mountain peak of about 9500 feet. I’m sure not gonna push it up the hill

·
Premium Member
3,164 Posts
Well I stand at 6 foot four. But I weigh in at 285, looking for something that’ll cruise along at 50-55 , But can also climb mountains without bogging down. Like I always cross Route 50 out of canyon city Colorado, over a mountain peak of about 9500 feet. I’m sure not gonna push it up the hill
The B650 with the manual shift will make a mole hill of any mountain pass. Top Speed of B650 is over 100mph i’ve been told.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
120+ mph. And plenty of grunt to get up the hills.

·
Administrator
18,401 Posts
When I did my 3500 mile western USA trip in 2006 on my 2003 Burgman 650 I left Denver at 6AM, I went up over the pass's in Colorado that are at about 11,000 feet above sea level. I went over Hoosier Pass (8% at 11,540"), down over Slumgullion Pass (9.4% at 11,360') and then down over Wolf Creek Pass (6.8% at 10,850'). Well worth the extra time to avoid Superslab boredom.
The Burgman 650 was loaded with a two man tent, a Colman cook stove, a camp cot, Food for two days and my 210 pounds. It had no issues holding 60+ MPH going up hill with a few blasts around the corners at 70 +.

When at the top of Hoosier pass I needed to get out my 2 MSR 1.5 liter bottles of gas out. I dropped one and it started to roll down hill so I trotted over to grab it and about DIED due to lack of air. But the Burgman did not care, it was laughing at this puddgy guy laying next to it gasping for air. Spent the night at lower elevation of Pagosa Springs at 7,100 feet ASL. I still was short of breath but not as bad.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Me, In my Peterbilt 579, going over, the mountains south of Denver CO.
Rated PG 18+

·
Premium Member
3,164 Posts
Me, In my Peterbilt 579, going over, the mountains south of Denver CO.
Rated PG 18+
What is the english translation of your Knightly Seal ?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
What is the english translation of your Knightly Seal ?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
"So Mote It Be"

·
Premium Member
3,164 Posts
"So Mote It Be"
Nay !

George Carlin said it best...

Pugnans pacem similis virginitatis futuit

That was meant as friendly humor and not a challenge for the field
for I am now old and tired and a bit touched by the sun.

God Speed in your quest to rid Jerusalem of Evil.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Nay !

George Carlin said it best...

Pugnans pacem similis virginitatis futuit

That was meant as friendly humor and not a challenge for the field
for I am now old and tired and a bit touched by the sun.

God Speed in your quest to rid Jerusalem of Evil.
I think George carlin got it from, an old Indian prayer by chief Joseph. Of the Nazareth first try. Hear me my Chiefs for I tired, my heart is sick and sad, From where the sun now stands I will fight no more forever.

·
Premium Member
3,164 Posts
I used the English to Latin Translator on

“Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.”

Carlin’s Wisdom must have got lost in Translation....sorry.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Is Burgman no longer making the 650 executive?

im coming off of a gold wing, and I’m looking for a nice scooter, But with my height and body weight I need at least a 400 to a 650. Started looking for scooters this year. Was surprised to see that the 650 wasn’t listed as a renewed scooter. Don’t know that I want to pay the price for a logo on a BMW. 650
I just upgraded from a 400 to the 650. The 400 is a zippy little thing, seems to weigh nothing. Does Ok at freeway speeds. The 650 is much heavier, but eats up the freeway. Power to spare. Being a twin, much much smoother engine. My $.02 if youre gonna ride hiways/freeway a lot, go with the 650

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I actually met George carlin before he passed. I was visiting a friend in Santa Monica California. And she trained horses. I rode with her up to the training facility. George Carlin‘s home was directly down the driveway. I met him and his two beautiful Doberman pincher’s.

·
Premium Member
3,164 Posts
I actually met George carlin before he passed. I was visiting a friend in Santa Monica California. And she trained horses. I rode with her up to the training facility. George Carlin‘s home was directly down the driveway. I met him and his two beautiful Doberman pincher’s.
I’ve read that he was introverted when not preforming. Did he speak to you or just let the dogs do the talking ?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
apparently, know my friend well enough, to invite us in for a soda, charming home, with in the mountains, old ranch style front fence, and I remember the grey slate, roof tiles. little single story home. simple gentle man.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Dealers in USA still have 2017 and 2018 650s that are NEW. This is in my opinion why they stopped making a 2019 and 2020 650.
That and Euro 5 emissions standards. Suzuki would need to add OBD 2 capability, plus either variable valve timing, a turbocharger, and/or increased displacement (but without any HP gain) in order to get it to comply.

Just replicating the electronics in an OBD 2 capable form would be a pretty big project.
I don't think there's room for a turbo without seriously re-working the layout.
They could redesign the valve train without changing the rest of the bike, I think.
I don't know if an overbore would suffice (or if they'd need to lengthen the stroke too), and even if it did, whether the cylinder walls have enough metal to enable it without a complete redesign.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts