Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is Burgman no longer making the 650 executive?

im coming off of a gold wing, and I’m looking for a nice scooter, But with my height and body weight I need at least a 400 to a 650. Started looking for scooters this year. Was surprised to see that the 650 wasn’t listed as a renewed scooter. Don’t know that I want to pay the price for a logo on a BMW. 650

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Welcome @Slow Rolling
The last production issue of the Burgman 650 was 2018. No real truth about if or how long production will be halted on it. It's still the best scooter out there IMHO.

Also a former GW rider here and decided those are just too bulky for my kind of riding. The Burgman 650 is perfect.

If the Burgman 650 doesn't restart production then I do hope the Yamaha TMax 560 comes to the States. Not ready to replace mine for a few years yet at least but someday it may happen and I like what I've read about the TMax 560. Or maybe I'll just keep buying another Burgman 650 if/when that becomes necessary. Keeping what I have now though until it doesn't run... maybe.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the only other 650 out there is the BMW
I want to tour on it. from South Florida to Page AZ, during the summers

·
Registered
27 Posts
I gave up our GW a few years back because it got to big for me. Now I have a AN650 Burgman, the lighter weight, step through access and automatic transmission have made cycling enjoyable again.

It's distressing to learn that their not in production anymore...what about if the Honda Silverwing is still in production. I looked at a few of them and was impressed.

Of course I don't expect to live forever but hate to see a wonderful machine go extinct.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Don't be discouraged by the absence of a new model. It is not terribly difficult to find a used Burgman 650 in good condition. Many of these machines don't get much use, and a goodly number are owned by older riders who decide they don't want to ride anymore. I picked up a 2012 Burgman 650 Executive in beautiful condition last summer with only 5,000 miles on it. A change of fluids and a couple of fresh tires and she was as good as new. I have tripled the mileage on it since then. Parts, including custom after-market components such as seats and windscreens, are easily available as well.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I always like to buy new. the Kymco, is not available in the us yet, the BMW is 14K, just because of a different fairing & logo, On, my wing, I'd do, 15-23 K a year.
The guys I ride with are all highway, riders, I like back roads, ( to see america ) I like to ride 350-400 miles a day

·
Premium Member
3,099 Posts
I agree on the back roads.....I like to have a nice breakfast ...with a nice ride to lunch ....then a short ride to a nap under a shade tree...then a nice ride to my hotel room or camp site for a shower...kick off happy hour as I dry ...bird dog the hotel pool and or lounge .... walk to dinner .... get my coffee thermos filled .....close the bar down....find my bed....rinse and repeat....some days 400 miles some days 0 miles..... The Road Goes On Forever 😇

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
my next trip Is already planned out, all back roads, No hwys or tolls. (7) day ride to Page AZ, spend 7 days at campground. they ride up to springdale AZ, for 3 nights, then work my way back to florida

·
Premium Member
3,099 Posts
my next trip Is already planned out, all back roads, No hwys or tolls. (7) day ride to Page AZ, spend 7 days at campground. they ride up to springdale AZ, for 3 nights, then work my way back to florida

Do you know what elevation you’ll be at ...after a couple of 100+ degree days if you are camping at higher elevations it can get a bit nippy at night ..... Listen for the Elk Singing .

Reactions: Rusty J

·
Administrator
18,362 Posts
Dealers in USA still have 2017 and 2018 650s that are NEW. This is in my opinion why they stopped making a 2019 and 2020 650.

·
Administrator
18,362 Posts
it would be nice if Kymco offered the 550IE to the USA.

If Kymco would import this to USA and I needed a new bike that would be at the top of my short list. I do NOT need a two up bike and like the top box moved forward. The seat back looks adjustable too.
kymco 550.jpg

Reactions: BurgyBill

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Do you know what elevation you’ll be at ...after a couple of 100+ degree days if you are camping at higher elevations it can get a bit nippy at night ..... Listen for the Elk Singing .
The highest peak, will be at 9500, But I'm going right over it, Monack Pass on RT 50. Highest campground is at 3200 feet, Delorise Campground in Lower CO. the last time I went over it, in june, there was still snow on the mountain.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Back in the '90's a bunch of my reserve buddies would do the same thing at least twice a month. A six pack in the saddle bags, back rode a pre-planned trip, ride for an hour, stop at scenic area personal relief and drink one beer only, rinse and repeat. what a great time for a number of years...then we all got activated for OIF/OEF.

I love back road riding, checking out a new landscape at 45-50 mph. I don't think we ever did over 150 miles but it took all day.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
a few years back, I found a state park lodge in Guntersville, AL. I was on a return trip from a motorcycle rally, In Galena, Ill. and fell in love with the place. I've have visited it 4 times since then. in 2014 I hoisted a motorcycle event at the lodge. for Venture riders, Venture Riders International. But, most of the states, have lodges.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts