Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I note this is an absent 'How to' - has anyone done it yet with pics and willing to share? - Allwalk? :)

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
I do plan on doing it this winter with pics and a write up. I do however recall that someone else has tackled it and posted pics in there gallery. I will go look for it.

Found the gallery. Its marked valve job and consists of 3 photos. I will attempt to add a few more photos and see if I can get a little more detail.
Valve Job Photos

·
Registered
239 Posts
Norman, those valve job pics are mine. As you can see, just about everything has to be stripped off the bike to get to the valves. Not difficult, just slow and you have to watch carefully how those flimsy plastic connectors work! I checked mine at 11,000 miles and they were all spot on. I don't think I'll do it again, unless I'm really bored! If you decide to do the job, it's a good idea to take pics along the way and make notes.

Cheers,

Bob

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Hi Bob!

After looking at your pics and realizing just how much has to be done I sat down this morning and read the procedure in the manual. I have already started the procedure this morning and took pics of even the most trivial aspects of taking off the handlebar covers and maintenance lid. I will try and do a thorough job of recording and documenting the procedure. I see this will end up being an extensive How To.

·
Registered
239 Posts
You've got that right! Just be careful with those plastic tab connectors on some of the body panels - push or pull them the wrong way and they break - don't ask me how I know! If I remember correctly, you need a special torx driver to remove the ignition key assembly, but I managed without removing it. Have fun!

Cheers,

Bob

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Well I've got all the front body work off and the next step is to remove the radiator.

I'll keep you all posted on this work in progress.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Norman, why are you concerned about your 650 valves? You won't need to do yours till at least 2008, maybe even 2009, no more than you ride. :p

Have you got your Big Lardy yet?

We've been having 70F weather here on the east coast so the riding and flying has been good. Our group of 3 mini's and 1 maxi meet wednesday for our weekly ride.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts