Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever used "Trans Oil" by Kal-Guard, 20W50 with moly. Would it be ok to use in the transmisson with the cvt? This oil is used in racing applications. Thanks

·
Registered
735 Posts
Keep in mind that "transmission oil" in the 650 means just the lubrication for the set of reduction gears after the CVT/clutch and before the final drive unit (which uses 90W hypoid gear oil).

Not sure why you'd want to use something with higher viscosity than factory spec (10W-40) unless you live in a brutally hot climate.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Keep in mind that "transmission oil" in the 650 means just the lubrication for the set of reduction gears after the CVT/clutch and before the final drive unit (which uses 90W hypoid gear oil).

Not sure why you'd want to use something with higher viscosity than factory spec (10W-40) unless you live in a brutally hot climate.
I live in a brutally hot climate & I run 15w-40 in trans & engine. ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just assumed that it would extend the life of the transmission. But it does appear to contain a lot of Moly. I will just stick to the 10w30. thanks

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
I just assumed that it would extend the life of the transmission. But it does appear to contain a lot of Moly. I will just stick to the 10w30. thanks

Like many many other member here me use Shell Rotella Triple Protection 15W40 in both engine and transmission this JASO MA approved for burgie 650, make change very simple, use Mobil 1 or Lucas full synthetic 75W90 in final gear drive.

Never have problem with this, change oil every 3000-3500 mile.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts