Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all On Nov 6 3004 whill riding my an650k3 home at about 45 mph a large dog (boxer) ran into the road about 40 or 50 feet in front of me and stoped,so did I . Anyway to make a long story short , $2200 in scuffed plastic and a crushed right , I had to revaluare my riding,Becoiuse of bad leggs and bad right shoulder and now a bad hand I decided that the 650 was too heavy for me, but I didnt wont to give up on ridding so after the ins co payed off I traded it for a 400 in silver and kept the blue givi trunkhad the dealer put on a givi windshield and a mount for the trunk on Jan 5 waiting for them to call saying it is ready still looking for miles and miles of smiles Dewight I ment to say that I had crushed my right hand Dewight

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Sorry to hear about you spill Dewight. Congratulations on the new Burgman 400 though.

·
Registered
88 Posts
would be interested in your comparison between the two bikes my guess is the 400 would be more nimble but have no way of knowing for sure

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
kc4pbl said:
Hi all On Nov 6 3004 whill riding my an650k3 home at about 45 mph a large dog (boxer) ran into the road about 40 or 50 feet in front of me and stoped,so did I . Anyway to make a long story short , $2200 in scuffed plastic and a crushed right , I had to revaluare my riding,Becoiuse of bad leggs and bad right shoulder and now a bad hand I decided that the 650 was too heavy for me, but I didnt wont to give up on ridding so after the ins co payed off I traded it for a 400 in silver and kept the blue givi trunkhad the dealer put on a givi windshield and a mount for the trunk on Jan 5 waiting for them to call saying it is ready still looking for miles and miles of smiles Dewight I ment to say that I had crushed my right hand Dewight
Hi - sorry to hear of your 'offy' -( can you sue the dogs owner for that?) and hope that your right hand is fully recovered now.

I am sure you will not be disappointed with the 400 (The svelte burger). Hope the dealer gets on with it, returns the bike soon and that you have the weather to have a bit of fun.

·
Registered
719 Posts
After taking a soil sample with my ZX-6R, I went through a lot of the same thought process you went through about riding. That's how I became a Burgman owner.

There is someting fun about a bike that doesn't overwhelm you. I was reading a story in the February issue of Cycle World about floks racing old Honda CB160s in Oregon; it made me jealous. And, the last time I visited the Kawasaki site I was dreaming about Ninja 500s and 250s.

Sorry about your crash. The 400 should be a real pleasure. Keep us posted.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The big thing with me was that I didnt know if I could use the front brake or not, on the 650 so that was what coused me to think of the 400 with its intragrated braking less force needed on the right brake lever. The only other safe thing I could think of was to stop riding ( does not compute) havent taken delivery of the 400 yet maybe fri or sat. cant wait

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
kc4pbl said:
The big thing with me was that I didnt know if I could use the front brake or not, on the 650 so that was what coused me to think of the 400 with its intragrated braking less force needed on the right brake lever. The only other safe thing I could think of was to stop riding ( does not compute) havent taken delivery of the 400 yet maybe fri or sat. cant wait
kc4pbl, you just reinforced my desire to follow some of the advice I have been getting on this forum. That is to practice panic stops in some parking lot occasionally as many time as necessary so I get good at it, and also to learn my burgs limitations (and strong points).

That and learning evasive maneuvers.

Might cost me a little rubber and brake pad material, but probably well worth it.

I remember the last time I left my saddle invountarily. :-(

I have been rehashing that in my mind for years, wondering if I could have avoided the side of that car somehow. Maybe with the proper practice and training I could have. I had already learned the hard way about tailgating, wet leaves and fresh cut grass, etc., but evasive maneuvers were not at the top of my list of things to do back then.

This time I will concentrate on that aspect of our wonderful sport quite a bit more, so I can stay shiny side up.:wink:

Hope you enjoy your new 400.
We'll all be thinking about you, playing with your new toy this weekend.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts