Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about upgrading from the 400 to the 650, but before I make my final decision I was hoping to see the maintenance schedule table from a 650 owner's manual. Would it be possible for someone to email me a scanned copy of the maintenance table from their owner's manual? It would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Sorry, I don't have a scanner, but please allow me to heartily recommend the AN650 to you. I traded in an AN400 for it, and, while the AN400 is good in its own right, the AN650 is a much more advanced piece. Lots more power, sounds better (no offense to other AN400 owners, but it sounds like a golf cart to me) the transmission is more advanced... etc. I could go on and on, but I'll spare everyone that.

I'd only had the AN400 about a month, but I knew I wouldn't be satisfied unless I had the AN650, and this is one purchase I had no buyer's remorse on whatsoever. I had a 2003 Miata and got rid of it... never drove it, wanted to be riding the bike! You get the picture.

Hey! I just realized I have a way to send you what you want. If you email me at [email protected] and remove the 'nospam' I have a 220K .jpg I can send you. Let me know...

WLB :>)

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Hey Bubba let me know if you still need the schedule. I have the manual and a scanner or I can take a picture of it as well.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Allwalk, can you post it here for those of us in the "looking mode"???

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Good idea Ted! I will do just that later today. I have some running around this morning and will do it this afternoon.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
It is good to have handy for current owners too. It is amazing how many folks do not check this maintenance table before bring their scooter to the dealer for service. It can save a lot of grief and unpleasant surprises if you know what needs to be done, and talk with the service advisor about it before they do the work.

One thing I'd note. Although the schedule advises changing the oil filter at every second oil change, I have it changed every time that the oil is changed. I just can't see running clean oil through a used filter.

·
Super Moderator
18,089 Posts
Same here I change the filter everytime, Just anal I guess.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got it.

Thanks guys, I got it. Do you guys do most of your own maintenance or get the dealer to do it? Hvae you had the oportunity to do the 14.5k valve adjustment? How were the valves?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Re: Got it.

NYBubba said:
Thanks guys, I got it. Do you guys do most of your own maintenance or get the dealer to do it? Hvae you had the oportunity to do the 14.5k valve adjustment? How were the valves?

Thanks for the help.
I let my dealer do the first 600 mile service. But after that it's been all done by myself, including fork oil change and new wheel bearings front and back.
I haven't reached the valve check milestone but I am slowly creeping up on it. I probably won't reach the required mileage before winter storage is required. However I will be doing it over the winter while the bike is in storage and I can report my findings along with pictures at that point.
If I recall there has been one report of the valve check being done with no adjustments required.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks

Thanks AllWalk, I'll keep an I out for your valve report.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts